Upgrade my graphic card

JoseCalvi1
Go to solution Solved by HARDWELL9191,
41 minutes ago, JoseCalvi1 said:

Budget (including currency): 600€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly games like Rocket League, CoD, Valorant, etc but i also like to play story mode games that require a lot like cyberpunk

Other details CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Monitor: 1080p 144Hz (My goal is to be able to play competitive games at max fps and story games at max quality and 60fps)

I just want to know if it is profitable to buy a RX 6700X now that it is for 419€, wait for the black friday sales or wait for amd to release the new graphics cards in one month and wait for the 6000 series to drop in price.

Thank you so much for the help 🙂

I guess It all depends on your budget me personally would buy the 6900xt for about 800€ right now and It's probably gonna drop the price on black friday even more. You coul even go for an RTX 3070 BUT the 8GB of VRAM is just horrible. I have the 3070 and almost every story game maxes out my VRAM It's just crazy meanwhile AMD casually has 16GB of VRAM so I'd go AMD tbh should last you a bit longer even if you go for the 6700xt or 6750xt. I regret buying the 3070 truly, should have gone for the 6800xt. Oh well It Is what It Is.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly games like Rocket League, CoD, Valorant, etc but i also like to play story mode games that require a lot like cyberpunk

Other details CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Monitor: 1080p 144Hz (My goal is to be able to play competitive games at max fps and story games at max quality and 60fps)

I just want to know if it is profitable to buy a RX 6700X now that it is for 419€, wait for the black friday sales or wait for amd to release the new graphics cards in one month and wait for the 6000 series to drop in price.

I'm pretty happy with my RTX 3070.

I bought it back in the day when prices were crazy for like 1200 Euro's but i now you can get them for under 600 Euro's.

41 minutes ago, JoseCalvi1 said:

I guess It all depends on your budget me personally would buy the 6900xt for about 800€ right now and It's probably gonna drop the price on black friday even more. You coul even go for an RTX 3070 BUT the 8GB of VRAM is just horrible. I have the 3070 and almost every story game maxes out my VRAM It's just crazy meanwhile AMD casually has 16GB of VRAM so I'd go AMD tbh should last you a bit longer even if you go for the 6700xt or 6750xt. I regret buying the 3070 truly, should have gone for the 6800xt. Oh well It Is what It Is.

Profitable is really not the right word if you just use it for entertainment. 

Anyway, 6700 XT is a pretty good upgrade over your current GPU, going above it like RX 6800 XT certainly isn't the best idea, your CPU would be the bottleneck.

My 12400 occasionally bottlenecks my 6800 XT, especially heavier games such as CP2077. 

Not an expert, just bored at work. Please quote me or mention me if you would like me to see your reply. **may edit my posts a few times after posting**

CPU: Intel i5-12400

GPU: Asus TUF RX 6800 XT OC

Mobo: Asus Prime B660M-A D4 WIFI MSI PRO B760M-A WIFI DDR4

RAM: Team Delta TUF Alliance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16

SSD: Team MP33 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P360A

Cooler: ID-Cooling SE-234 ARGB

Pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wnxDfv
Displays: Samsung Odyssey G5 S32AG50 32" 1440p 165hz | AOC 27G2E 27" 1080p 144hz

Laptop: ROG Strix Scar III G531GU Intel i5-9300H GTX 1660Ti Mobile| OS: Windows 10 Home