My pc won’t post.

saba17

Hello.As I said in the title my pc won’t post(I don’t know if this is the name for it,correct me if I’m wrong)It turns on but doesn’t show anything just a black screen and white line flashing on the top left side.Before this electricity went out in my neighborhood.After it came back I turned on my pc and this is what’s happening.Where should i start?what can be the problem?my thought is that it may be my SSD?

It probably is POSTing but not booting. Try disconnecting your storage and getting into the BIOS. If that works then it's posting just fine.

If you get to the BIOS you can check your boot order to see if it's correctly targeting your SSD. If your CMOS battery is dead then losing power may have reset your motherboard's settings to the defaults.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

It probably is POSTing but not booting. Try disconnecting your storage and getting into the BIOS. If that works then it's posting just fine.

If you get to the BIOS you can check your boot order to see if it's correctly targeting your SSD. If your CMOS battery is dead then losing power may have reset your motherboard's settings to the defaults.

I did it and got to BIOS,so how can i see my boot order?

886BC840-1CFA-4417-BD3C-CB0FF1AF198D.jpeg

1 minute ago, saba17 said:

I did it and got to BIOS,so how can i see my boot order?

886BC840-1CFA-4417-BD3C-CB0FF1AF198D.jpeg

Refer to your motherboard's manual, I can only see half the screen here so I can't even make a guess.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Refer to your motherboard's manual, I can only see half the screen here so I can't even make a guess.

I did everything gigabyte website said.Boot is put on all sata devices.After this i turned off my pc reconnected every sata cable and now it says that operating system was not found,so I can try disconnect any drives that don’t contain an operating system and i can restart my pc.

9 minutes ago, saba17 said:

I did everything gigabyte website said.Boot is put on all sata devices.After this i turned off my pc reconnected every sata cable and now it says that operating system was not found,so I can try disconnect any drives that don’t contain an operating system and i can restart my pc.

Yeah, if that doesn't work then your drive may be corrupted. In that case you can try mounting it on another machine to see if you can recover your files, then reinstall the operating system; or you can try recovery tools. If this is Windows you can use the installation drive to try and fix your existing installation.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*