Asus TUF Dash F15 i7-12650H, RTX 3050 4GB, 16GB/512GB SSD, FHD 144Hz heating issue

Hey Guys, I recently got into PC gaming and bought Asus gaming laptop. Now that I'm playing overwatch 2 or destiny 2 or call of duty warzone or aimlab for continuous 4 hrs (atleast) everyday with 144hz enabled, the laptop is getting quite really hot.

In overwatch 2 (my current addictive game) with 144 hz enabled and in ultra graphic settings, I'm getting around 140+ FPS and the in-game temp shows 86, while the native asus armoury crate shows 96 (or maybe even high).

I'm very new to PC gaming and when I checked intel, I read that max allowed temperature for the chip is 100 degrees. I'm very convinced its reaching 100 degrees in COD and overwatch 2 too. 

Should I be concerned? Is the GPU and CPU not intended for such games? Anything I can do to enjoy these games with killing the laptop ??

Hi,

As fas as i know if the prozessor get too hot, the built in overheating protection shutsdown you cpu.

I think cooling is a common issue with laptops. I dont know what your budget is but its better save a little money and get a Tower PC with good airflow.

If you want to enjoy the games without your laptop overheating i would turn your graphics settings down.

1 hour ago, Arun Kumar K said:

Hey Guys, I recently got into PC gaming and bought Asus gaming laptop. Now that I'm playing overwatch 2 or destiny 2 or call of duty warzone or aimlab for continuous 4 hrs (atleast) everyday with 144hz enabled, the laptop is getting quite really hot.

In overwatch 2 (my current addictive game) with 144 hz enabled and in ultra graphic settings, I'm getting around 140+ FPS and the in-game temp shows 86, while the native asus armoury crate shows 96 (or maybe even high).

I'm very new to PC gaming and when I checked intel, I read that max allowed temperature for the chip is 100 degrees. I'm very convinced its reaching 100 degrees in COD and overwatch 2 too. 

Should I be concerned? Is the GPU and CPU not intended for such games? Anything I can do to enjoy these games with killing the laptop ??

Intel CPUs in these laptops do get that hot. The CPU is designed to run at up to 100°C, that's why its TjMax is set there. Usually Intel H class CPUs start backing down their clocks at 95°C, that's what I observed with my laptop that has an i7 10750H. The GPU does the same too, but usually at 87°C. It is fine for them to run at that temperature. If you are unconfortable with these high temps but want to keep the laptop, you can get one of these laptop coolers. These are basically just laptop stands but with fans. That way you can ensure that your laptop always gets fresh room temp air. Because if your laptop is on a desk, it will heat up the desk and pull in air that could be 3°C warmer than room temp.

Longevity wise, the hotter a chip runs, the shorter its lifespan. A Chip that runs at 100°C all the time might last a few months less than one that runs at 70°C all the time. But if you consider that a CPU or GPU nowadays lasts like 10 years or more, you'll end up replacing that laptop before anything breaks

Edited by DreamCat04