So long, 011 air mini. Welcome back 5000D Airflow

Alinz

After runing my pc in the 011 air mini for 3 months I got tired of the amount of dust this case collects (air heating system in my house, so it circulates dust as well).

I clean the house regularly, and am a very clean person in general. We will have the air chennals cleaned soon but I wanted to go back to my 5000D airflow because it handels dust a fair bit better.

Also, being able to run the second fan on my NHD15 is a big plus.

The case does feel a bit empty without a aio/watercooling tho.

20221030_102210.jpg

20221030_102134.jpg

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

Nice looking cases, but I swapped my build to a Fractal Pop Air XL for a reason. The 3600X test bed for its components went into my previous 4000X case, and I'll be glad to get rid of the case. Not keen on its design.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I actually am thinking of moving into a fractal torrent or torrent nano at some point. But that will probably be a whole new system.

I like the looks of the 5000D, but the case is a bit to large for me. Keeping my components clean is really the reason for moving the system back, also I didnt really like building in the 011 air mini because some of the design choices in that case are utterly garage (for example the pcie slot covers and the stupid covers you need to remove before you can acces them really grinded my gears.

20 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

but I swapped my build to a Fractal Pop Air XL

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

I hear ya! Someone here told me an interesting trick to stretch pantyhose over free-flowing cases to stop dust intake. Wonder if there's a way to DIY your own filters this way?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Wonder if there's a way to DIY your own filters this way?

Thats not a bad idea at all, but I'd rather buy some sort of fine mesh and create a frame that could be glued or screwed into the cases pannels.

Dust filters for fans exist, they are magnetic i believe, but I guess my biggest gripe is that it should just come with a the case so you have the option to instal them if that is your wish. More restriction always results in worse performance. The 011 air mini is great temp wise, but just not for someone who lives in a dusty environment.