No image on monitor after sleep or automated shutdown.

Hello everyone!

So, I am lately facing a problem that I don't really understand.

I have been having the same PC/Build for more than 3/4 years.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2400g

GPU: Radeon RX590

Mobo: Asrock b450 pro4

Ram: gskill ripjaws 8x2 @ 3ghz

So, i have seen that whenever the pc goes to sleep or i use a command to make it shutdown after X amount of seconds it wont power on the monitor after i try to start it, it just shows no signal. The only solution I was able to figure out is to connect my hdmi cable to hdmi out of the motherboard and use the apu to get an image, restart to safe mode, ddu and then connect the hdmi cable to my gpu. After i do this the gpu works fine, i even reinstall the driver for it and its fine. Im running windows 10 and i have tried many versions of the adrenalin drivers, all resulting on the same thing. When i say i dont get an image, i dont even see the initial asrock splash where it says the keys to go into bios or to select a boot device.

I haven't changed anything on my pc for months now, it just happened a fews days ago for the first time and it has been bothering me much, i went and changed some stuff on the bios just to mess arround in faith that something might be it but not luck.

I really dont know how can i troubleshoot it or get some logs to even help myself by reading them.

Thank you all in advance for trying to help me!

Edit 1: So, there is a switch on the gpu, i flipped the switch and now it worked fine? I am really confused.

Supposedly it changes the clock speeds as a fail safe but i am now checking them and they are the same.

Edit 2: With the switch flipped i updated to the latest WHQL amd driver through the adrenalin software thing and it's the same again, no image whatsoever.

Edited by kobux

1 hour ago, kobux said:

So, there is a switch on the gpu, i flipped the switch and now it worked fine? I am really confused.

Supposedly it changes the clock speeds as a fail safe but i am now checking them and they are the same.

It's a BIOS switch. The GPU must have a dual BIOS.