Chromebook Linux audio issues.

I recently obtained an Acer N15Q9 Chromebook and started to play around with it. After finding ChromeOS to be a poor experience I decided to go through the whole ordeal to get Linux running on it. I used the tools and guides provided by mrchromebox to flash UEFI firmware to the device and proceeded to install Ubuntu 22.10. Everything works fine except when I try to playback audio. It will work fine for a while but then the audio playback will stop and the computed produces a harsh buzzing sound from the speakers. I believe it to be software related as video sources accompanying the audio, like a YouTube video, will stop playback and appear to buffer as this happens.The PC remains usable but until the audio source is killed the speakers continue to do this. I tried installing Ubuntu 22.04.1 as Ubuntu migrated to PipeWire in 22.10 but the issue is present there as well. Anybody got any ideas as to what could be going on?

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue and ended up here... did you find a solution? Or does anyone else have an idea?

Running Linux Mint Cinnamon on a HP Chromebook 14 G4 with the latest firmware from mcrchromebox.