Thread closed at request on OP?

Holmes108

There was a really interesting thread, and suddenly it was apparently closed due to the OP requesting it. I'm not here to knock the OP, in fact I won't even get into specifics. An OP can feel how they want about a thread, and request what they want from a mod. But is that normal for a thread to essentially be closed for no reason? It was one of the more interesting conversations I've seen in a bit, and was really enjoying it. And to be clear, there was zero arguing or fighting, and it was not a controversial topic at all (no Religion, sex or politics that I saw). 

I'm relatively new, so I was just curious. I found the closure disappointing. Wasn't sure exactly where to put this. So if it needs to be a suggestion, I'd like to suggest we leave constructive conversations open lol. 

Anyways, thanks for listening.

If OP requests something, we usually will grant it. There are several tools and ways for it. Without going into details as those aren't public. I made decision to lock upon request made by OP as the thread was OK overall and had good discussion to leave up for the readers.

E: You can always PM the mod and ask for details. As most of the decisions and reasons are private, there's no guarantee that we will enlighten on the subject.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

26 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

If OP requests something, we usually will grant it. There are several tools and ways for it. Without going into details as those aren't public. I made decision to lock upon request made by OP as the thread was OK overall and had good discussion to leave up for the readers.

E: You can always PM the mod and ask for details. As most of the decisions and reasons are private, there's no guarantee that we will enlighten on the subject.

Thanks for the reply. Also, I realize there could have been posts I hadn't seen (had been removed etc)  It was no biggie, just curious.

Thanks again.