Thinking of HD 7770

cnerde

Will an HD7770 work with an antec VP450 power supply? Built this computer with an i5 not really wanting to game on it, and anything I did the HD4000 worked for. Well, now I want a capable computer at my dads to game more, rather than my laptop.

what do you have connected on it? if you just have your cpu, mobo and one or two hard drives then yesm even if you have more stuff connected it will most likely handle it

The 7770 will work perfectly on an Antec VP450, just remember to plugin the 6pin PCIe connector once you install the card.
I checked the VP450 & it's got the required 6pin so no worries there.
I"m a huge fan of the 7770, good performance, great price, small size & overclocks like a beast.

I Agree think of vapor-x as a choice quiet, cool, and a good oc'er

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

Okay :) Thank you all. Newegg was saying minimum 500w power supply. But other websites were saying if its a good power supply. You all agree so yay! I will be doing that soon.