Airflow optimization

rickastley126

I’m planning on getting the Corsair Carbide Series 175r RGB, but it only come with one fan. I’m considering getting 5 arctic p12s for $35 to fill every fan slot or is it not worth it and I should just get one p12 for the back? Thanks in advance!

Please  buy a case with front mesh, the Carbide 175r will suffocate your components.

Fans can only do so much if there is no room for them to draw in fresh air.

EDIT: the ECLIPSE P300A MESH EDITION is a reasonable option, its recommended by GN and is relatively cheap

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

If you want good airflow, more fans is generally better. Although this case isn't really build with good airflow in mind (closed front panel), so if you want something that let's your components breathe I'd suggest you get the Corsair 4000D Airflow.

If you don't want to buy another case just buy the 5 pack of fans. Place the included fan in the back as exaust then fill the top and front as intake.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

27 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

If you want good airflow, more fans is generally better. Although this case isn't really build with good airflow in mind (closed front panel), so if you want something that let's your components breathe I'd suggest you get the Corsair 4000D Airflow.

If you don't want to buy another case just buy the 5 pack of fans. Place the included fan in the back as exaust then fill the top and front as intake.

I was originally looking at the 4000D airflow, gahr I can’t decide between the 2………… the 175r has a more attractive price and clean simple looks but the 4000D AF has killer airflow honestly. God jeezus

4000D is pretty clean looking. & it comes with zero regrets in terms of maintaining cool temps across your board. Your fans will be spinning much faster in the 175r coffin, so noise becomes another -ve if you went that way.

The Case is an underrated decision that plenty of people regret later on. Choose wisely.

19 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

4000D is pretty clean looking. & it comes with zero regrets in terms of maintaining cool temps across your board. Your fans will be spinning much faster in the 175r coffin, so noise becomes another -ve if you went that way.

The Case is an underrated decision that plenty of people regret later on. Choose wisely.

Alright I must say great build 10/10 that’s my dream pc. What do you think about 3 inwin Sirius loops in the front, one arctic p12 in the back, and the stock fans on the top? For $140 for all

19 minutes ago, rickastley126 said:

Alright I must say great build 10/10 that’s my dream pc. What do you think about 3 inwin Sirius loops in the front, one arctic p12 in the back, and the stock fans on the top? For $140 for all

In the 4000D? I’d say any more than 5 fans are overkill. I’d start off with using the case fans in two exhaust slots (rear & top-rear), & then buy a 3-pack for the front.

I don’t know much about those Sirius Loops, but if you want the ‘ring’ LED look, the Be Quiet Light Wings rate well, though check with their connectivity - I recall hearing there’s some quirk with their system.

I’d recommend the Arctic PWM P12 ARGB (slightly cheaper than the ones I have), but they’re not the ‘ring’ look you’re after.

I'll also suggest a different case. The 175r looks pretty decent visually, but that front panel design with all of maybe an inch of intake up top is already making me feel warm. 4000D Air gives way better performance, plus a sweet front panel that you can actually see rgb fans through (if you want)