OBS performance issue

Go to solution Solved by Elijah Kamski,
4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Have you tried installing previous version?

TLDR solution: Updating windows and restarting your computer, leave it overnight... success???? (No clear solution)

Hey there,

Yeah, this issue never happened before in the previous versions before v28.

After looking up some stuff on forums from 2019, apparently it was a potential windows issue, so I updated my windows as there was an update available, not sure if the thing worked straight away, but whatever happened, as I left it overnight like I usually do, I came back just now and opened it up and wow XD

image.thumb.png.d329c375585a198a6efccb6d20c9df00.png

Originally I thought it was a plugin issue with StreamFX as I hadn't updated it before to match v28 on OBS, that wasn't the issue. Nor was the issue anything to do with web sources such as Resteam or video sources and scene elements.

I did restart my system, and I do usually run my system 24/7 as I run a MC server (with no players btw, so no almost no CPU usage). Tbh, I'm not sure what happened as all of the same apps are running as previous.

I think I'ma mark this as solved, but heads up to anybody experiencing the same issue.

Hey there,

My OBS has a performance issue where the FPS is not 60 as usual and the average time to render is 16.9 when using the thing without any recording or streaming and in a blank screen. FPS drops by half when in studio mode for some reason. The only thing that has changed is that it has updated.

How do I fix this?

Specs:
32GB (4*8) 3200 Mhz ram
Ryzen 9 5950X
Radeon Pro WX8200 (GPU)

image.png.ba3aa51a706f3b355b5c0ab8d98c20dc.png

image.png.0da5eacaf2371ca52bd9dd25ad8fe3fd.png

Thanks,
Gabriel

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

TLDR solution: Updating windows and restarting your computer, leave it overnight... success???? (No clear solution)

Hey there,

Yeah, this issue never happened before in the previous versions before v28.

After looking up some stuff on forums from 2019, apparently it was a potential windows issue, so I updated my windows as there was an update available, not sure if the thing worked straight away, but whatever happened, as I left it overnight like I usually do, I came back just now and opened it up and wow XD

image.thumb.png.d329c375585a198a6efccb6d20c9df00.png

Originally I thought it was a plugin issue with StreamFX as I hadn't updated it before to match v28 on OBS, that wasn't the issue. Nor was the issue anything to do with web sources such as Resteam or video sources and scene elements.

I did restart my system, and I do usually run my system 24/7 as I run a MC server (with no players btw, so no almost no CPU usage). Tbh, I'm not sure what happened as all of the same apps are running as previous.

I think I'ma mark this as solved, but heads up to anybody experiencing the same issue.