PC wont post. NEED HELP

meemo

So I recently built a pc, everything went well until I turned on the PC and the fans were moving, but nothing appeared on the screen. Basically, there was no signal; so I did what I do usually and removed the CMOS battery and put it back in, didn't work. I also tried removing the ram sticks and putting them back in, but that didn't work. I then tried updating the bios through a USB, didn't work. I checked my CPU to make sure there weren't any bent pins and everything was fine, so after confirming my CPU was fine, I tried switching out the graphics card to see if it was the problem, The graphics card wasn't the problem.

I'm stuck on what to do, can anyone give me suggestions, please?

Specs: 

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x / with stock cooler
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT 8gb
RAM: 16gb DDR4 3600
Storage: 512gb m.2 nvme ssd
PSU: 550w 80+ bronze power supply

This could be a few different issues.

First the basics:

-See if there is a status/blinking light on your mainboard, it should give flashes (code) for you to reference from the mainboards manufacturer website.

-Try each ram stick individually, or try a different stick

-Check to make sure PSU wires go to all components and connectors on the mainboard

-Check PSU for flashing status lights (older PSU's have these, newer ones may not)

-Check external cables for working condition (Try different cables/different display for good measure).

-Remove NVME SSD and see if it boots.

The next thing I would do is remove the mainboard from the case and place it on a table (be careful of heavy static from carpet, and no metal tables), then assemble the whole thing and attempt to boot it again. (will need to cross power pins on board).

If everything else doesn't work, one component is probably bad, more then likely the Mainboard, Mainboard, or PSU. (in that order in my experience).

Hope this helps!

Before this time, did you frequently remove the CMOS battery to fix boot issues?   It is not a normal to need to remove the cmos battery to get it to boot.

What brand, model and age is your PSU?

The PSU is brand new, It's the Thermaltake Smart BM2 550W 80+ Bronze. 

I tried removing the CMOS battery multiple times and it still didn't work.

When I turn on the PC, the only lights I see on the motherboard is on the GPU slot, It was a yellow/gold color. I don't know if that is normal on the motherboard I was using. But other than the that no signal is appearing on the screen. I've tried multiple display ports and still didn't work.

could you please post a picture of the inside of your pc, makes it easy to see if everything is connected as it should be. 

2 hours ago, tmjaber said:

When I turn on the PC, the only lights I see on the motherboard is on the GPU slot,

a picture of this too, please

thank you 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

7 hours ago, SamClan said:

could you please post a picture of the inside of your pc, makes it easy to see if everything is connected as it should be. 

a picture of this too, please

thank you 

image_67181057.JPG

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2147.jpeg

9 hours ago, tmjaber said:

When I turn on the PC, the only lights I see on the motherboard is on the GPU slot, It was a yellow/gold color. I don't know if that is normal on the motherboard I was using. But other than the that no signal is appearing on the screen. I've tried multiple display ports and still didn't work.

that yellow color looks like it is from the board itself. 

I have a question did you plug in the monitor cable into the Graphiccard or into the motherboard? 

what else you could try is pull out the Graphiccard. and plug it in again, the space between the case and gpu looks weird if you ask me 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

6 hours ago, SamClan said:

that yellow color looks like it is from the board itself. 

I have a question did you plug in the monitor cable into the Graphiccard or into the motherboard? 

what else you could try is pull out the Graphiccard. and plug it in again, the space between the case and gpu looks weird if you ask me 

The Display port is plugged into the graphics card. 

I tried pulling out the graphics card and putting it back in multiple times. I even tried a different graphics card and it still didn't work.  

1. well Cable could be a problem, as well as the monitor.

2. if you changed those and it still doesn't work 

you also could try only using one Ram stick

check if the RAM is on the support list of the mobo

3. CPU re install

4. if all of that above doesn't work, sounds like a mobo problem 

If you tried every step I had above and it still doesn't work, then replace the mainboard. There isn't much you can do without a display.

Something else that came to mind, you may want to check your motherboards bios revisions, there may be different revisions for different processors, although I doubt that a 2600x needs a bios update, there is a possibility. Same goes for ram in some cases.

You may find it beneficial to purchase a single stick of A-Tech 4-8gb ddr4 ram from eBay (look for their official seller page, they offer a good price). This will allow you to see if your ram maybe the issue.