Havent done a build in a while, could use all of your collective knowledge ^_^

Stark84
Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
Just now, Stark84 said:

Is it worth dropping $400 on an end of the line last gen upgrade, or eat up the early adoption cost and be set for the foreseeable future hopefully without the need of another upgrade in 2 years. Thought process behind a 7700x or 7600x is I will reach the point that I'm at now in 4 years, not 2

The 5800x3d flat out competes with current gen top of the line cpu's for gaming. It's no joke it often ends up the best. If you wanna build now I'd actually wait till b650 is out as the current boards are just super overpriced.

Upgrade Budget (including currency): $1200ish for mobo, cpu and ram

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: MW2, Warzone2 and any other AAA title that may come along in the next couple years, also thinking of getting into streaming

Other details: Currently running:

-MSI tomahawk b350

-Ryzen 3600

-Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

-16gb Ripjaws V (believe 3600mhz)

-RTX 2070 (reg, not super)

-Thermaltake Smart White 700W 80 PLUS

-ADATA XPG SX7000 M.2 2280 256GB PCIe boot drive

-Asus vg279q Monitor (flat not curved)

-All housed in a inwin 303 black case

Gaming on high settings @ 1080p

Thinking about upgrading CPU, Mobo and ram to:

-GIGABYTE X670 AORUS ELITE AX

-7600x or 7700x

-CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36

Will this be a logical, cost effective upgrade with keeping rest of the system?

Warzone runs well with the occasional blip, load screens are slow at times. Upon opening or closing the game takes time, especially closing. Game loads up, but each new page (loadouts, weapon build, operator screen, store etc) will come up partially and take a while to catch up.

Upon playing beta for MW2 the experience got much worse. Albeit, it is a beta, I'm considering an upgrade now to be fresh and ready for release. Is it worth it at this point? Also, I like my Ryzen, but if intel has something better or comparable performance wise at a better price point I am open to options.

5 minutes ago, Stark84 said:

Upgrade Budget (including currency): $1200ish for mobo, cpu and ram

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: MW2, Warzone2 and any other AAA title that may come along in the next couple years, also thinking of getting into streaming

Other details: Currently running:

-MSI tomahawk b350

-Ryzen 3600

-Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

-16gb Ripjaws V (believe 3600mhz)

-RTX 2070 (reg, not super)

-Thermaltake Smart White 700W 80 PLUS

-ADATA XPG SX7000 M.2 2280 256GB PCIe boot drive

-Asus vg279q Monitor (flat not curved)

-All housed in a inwin 303 black case

Gaming on high settings @ 1080p

Thinking about upgrading CPU, Mobo and ram to:

-GIGABYTE X670 AORUS ELITE AX

-7600x or 7700x

-CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36

Will this be a logical, cost effective upgrade with keeping rest of the system?

Warzone runs well with the occasional blip, load screens are slow at times. Upon opening or closing the game takes time, especially closing. Game loads up, but each new page (loadouts, weapon build, operator screen, store etc) will come up partially and take a while to catch up.

Upon playing beta for MW2 the experience got much worse. Albeit, it is a beta, I'm considering an upgrade now to be fresh and ready for release. Is it worth it at this point? Also, I like my Ryzen, but if intel has something better or comparable performance wise at a better price point I am open to options.

i think ur budget might be enough for 3090 and 5950x/5800x3d

Calling around to Canada Computers, they were able to put this together for me, see attached photo

Screenshot_20221001_142417.jpg

13 minutes ago, bal723 said:

i think ur budget might be enough for 3090 and 5950x/5800x3d

Wouldn't I need to upgrade mobo and power supply to run that card and cpu combo?

9 minutes ago, Stark84 said:

Wouldn't I need to upgrade mobo and power supply to run that card and cpu combo?

oh wait, i didnt read that u had b350 mobo and 700w psu xd

11 minutes ago, Stark84 said:

Cpu yes card no.

But a 5700x is a nice budget cpu for your board a 5800x3d will also work. The 5950x is too much for that board to handle.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Cpu yes card no.

But a 5700x is a nice budget cpu for your board a 5800x3d will also work. The 5950x is too much for that board to handle.

Is it worth dropping $400 on an end of the line last gen upgrade, or eat up the early adoption cost and be set for the foreseeable future hopefully without the need of another upgrade in 2 years. Thought process behind a 7700x or 7600x is I will reach the point that I'm at now in 4 years, not 2

Just now, Stark84 said:

The 5800x3d flat out competes with current gen top of the line cpu's for gaming. It's no joke it often ends up the best. If you wanna build now I'd actually wait till b650 is out as the current boards are just super overpriced.

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

True enough, I've done some research into the 5800x3d, but thought there would be compatibility issues running on such an old budget board. 

19 hours ago, Stark84 said:

True enough, I've done some research into the 5800x3d, but thought there would be compatibility issues running on such an old budget board. 

It'll work but that is about as far as I'd push the vrm on that board.