Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite issues

Dear LTT forum,

Some weeks ago, my PC stopped booting up (coincidentally it was after a Windows update, but I don't think it has anything to do with it).

My hardware:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 2400MHz C16

Operating System: Windows 10

I looked at the LED of the motherboard and it was jumping quickly from the CPU to the DRAM LED, stayed there and cycled once more through the boot cycle. So no post.

My initial thought was that there might be something wrong with the RAM, so I switched the two sticks out for another stick of RAM. Sadly, that didn't do anything.

As far as I can remember, I did not do anything to the bios (overclocking / update). Looking back through my order history with the vendor, I had the exact same issue about half a year after I bought it, which is a little over two years ago.

So that's why I thought my motherboard is toast, but I'd like to have your opinion, as Googling the issue does not seem to give me any relevant results. All issues that I can see either updated the BIOS or changed some settings there, or had hardware that was not yet compatible with the board.

To test out my theory, I grabbed my old Asus B350 Plus and put everything on there. I booted up the computer and sadly, no luck, no post. I looked through the board documentation and noticed that the 2700 is not supported out of the box. So I put in my old Ryzen 7 1700, changing nothing else (GPU/RAM/etc.) and it booted up just fine. I updated the BIOS, put back in the 2700, but still no post.

I'm just wondering what could be the issue here. I'm still leaning toward my motherboard being toast, as it did get past the CPU LED. What do you guys think?

If I need to provide any more information, please let me know.

I forgot to mention: I updated the Asus B350 plus bios to version 5602 with ez flash.