Friend has an old 2700X going cheap..

SimplyChunk

Budget (including currency): £100 - £150

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Light gaming, Media consumption, Stream Monitoring

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):Got everything else. Just looking for a motherboard.

Hey guys,

I been looking in to this for a while and can't quite make up my mind.  Just want a few more ideas to chew on.  My friend recently upgraded from his 2700X to a 5800X and is letting the 2700X go cheap (free if i pay for lunch)  I'm looking to upgrade my little iTX media PC.  I know the new PSU i'm gonna get for it.  (the corsair 750 sfx one) so power is not an issue.  What i need advice on is an iTX board for the 2700X.  

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

22 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Light gaming, Media consumption, Stream Monitoring

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):Got everything else. Just looking for a motherboard.

Hey guys,

I been looking in to this for a while and can't quite make up my mind.  Just want a few more ideas to chew on.  My friend recently upgraded from his 2700X to a 5800X and is letting the 2700X go cheap (free if i pay for lunch)  I'm looking to upgrade my little iTX media PC.  I know the new PSU i'm gonna get for it.  (the corsair 750 sfx one) so power is not an issue.  What i need advice on is an iTX board for the 2700X.  

Could get this, only has one M.2 slot though. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/G6VG3C/asrock-b550m-itxac-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-b550m-itxac

If you want a better board and better onboard audio, better support for eg. a 5800x, 5950x, 5800x3d for future upgrade and 2.5g ethernet then https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9pn8TW/gigabyte-b550i-aorus-pro-ax-mini-itx-am4-motherboard-b550i-aorus-pro-ax

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

50 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Hey guys,

if u pair it with gpu then its REALLY good deal, but as its an X ryzen u will need to think a little more 'bout cooling.

2 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

only has one M.2 slot though

That's ok i only got one spare M.2 drive 😂.  I'll check them both out.  thank you.

1 hour ago, bal723 said:

if u pair it with gpu then its REALLY good deal, but as its an X ryzen u will need to think a little more 'bout cooling.

I was planning on getting a little LP GTX 1050 or something of the ilk.  Maybe an LP RX550 Yeston special from Ali Express.  Not sure on that yet.  I got the G210 for basic display to start with.  Also was thinking about the cooling.  at the moment i have the side panel on 65mm standoffs (giving me 65mm clearance from the top of the board to the acrylic sheet).  I can change those quite easily though for more clearance but was wondering about the SilverStone SST-KR01.  My friend has always had it under the stock Wrath Prism and has never had any issues

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

13 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

That's ok i only got one spare M.2 drive 😂.  I'll check them both out.  thank you.

I was planning on getting a little LP GTX 1050 or something of the ilk.  Maybe an LP RX550 Yeston special from Ali Express.  Not sure on that yet.  I got the G210 for basic display to start with.  Also was thinking about the cooling.  at the moment i have the side panel on 65mm standoffs (giving me 65mm clearance from the top of the board to the acrylic sheet).  I can change those quite easily though for more clearance but was wondering about the SilverStone SST-KR01.  My friend has always had it under the stock Wrath Prism and has never had any issues

lp gtx 1050 or 1050 ti or 1650 would be a good pair (i would like to have a gtx 950 lp myself but it requires 6 pin so theres no lp version for me lol)

15 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

also u can pair it with rx 6400, but u will lost some performance but u will have the amd voice and other new technologies

15 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Stock wraith works fine, and so should the SilverStone SST-KR01. It may run a little hot depending on work load, but the cooler is rated for 95w.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

It may run a little hot depending on work load

the hardest it'll go, is maybe a cinebench run just to check temps

How would this fair you think?  I've picked this as it has TOS link for my DSP524517517_Screenshot2022-09-23222610.thumb.png.d0744a183e022db4d1e13396bff81f44.png