Complete case fan control

Hello everyone,

So, I have been trying to control my fan speeds through software, and I have a problem. When I set the speed of the fans to zero (for example, when I want to watch a movie and not a lot of heat will be generated) the fans won't completely turn off. This happens to all of my fans, with the exeption of my CPU fan and my intergrated GPU fans.

I went into my BIOS and set all of the fan curves to zero at all degrees (in smart fan mode and PWM mode), I installed some fan speed software (first I tried Speedfan, then Argus and finally FanControl) but I still can not get my fans to turn off.

A small note to add, some of the fans are PWM (4 pins) and some are normal (3 pins). When I first built my PC, most of my fans could turn off, but one day I could no longer get them to turn off.

So, is there a solution to this problem? Or will I have to get a separate fan controller with physical potentiometers?

In case they are needed, my PC specs are:

AMD Ryzen5 3600

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3060

Kingston FURY 16GB 3200Mhz

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II

BeQuiet! System Power 9 700W (I think that is the correct wattage)

BeQuiet! Dark Base 500DX

Some of the fans are the stock ones that came with the case (at 140mm), and some are aftermarket BeQuiet! 140mm 4-pin PWM fans

Thank you all in advance!

Not all fans are able to run 0 rpm even if pwm, just deal with it, they run at some low min speed where they make no real noise

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

41 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Not all fans are able to run 0 rpm even if pwm, just deal with it, they run at some low min speed where they make no real noise

Yeah, I saw this with the Corsair LL120s I have. Only time they actually stop is when the system enters sleep mode. The SP120s that came with the 4000X did, but the LL120s I added did not. Actually helped the idle temperature, that's how I look at it.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!