I have a virus and my pc keeps running slow

Regret_kk

ill start by saying I'm not too good with pc, i clicked a sketchy link in  DC server and got a virus, anytime i load up a game its slow and my ping is dying, google chrome and just the bare desktop is slow sometimes, if i type anything to do with an antivirus on google it closes the google chrome, i had a friend send me a setup for Avast antivirus and I could download it but it wouldn't let me start the setup, keeps just closing it and crashing, plz help me ?

1 minute ago, Regret_kk said:

ill start by saying I'm not too good with pc, i clicked a sketchy link in  DC server and got a virus, anytime i load up a game its slow and my ping is dying, google chrome and just the bare desktop is slow sometimes, if i type anything to do with an antivirus on google it closes the google chrome, i had a friend send me a setup for Avast antivirus and I could download it but it wouldn't let me start the setup, keeps just closing it and crashing, plz help me ?

Format your computer.

Don't try to recover it if it's that bad, it could be a long hard road ahead of you, ESPECIALLY if you're not great at PCs.

Format it, or get someone to do it for you.

Try logging to Windows in safe mode and install your antivirus.

Honestly, I'd just do a complete reinstall of Windows just to be sure.

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

16 minutes ago, MonkeyBomb said:

Try logging to Windows in safe mode and install your antivirus.

Honestly, I'd just do a complete reinstall of Windows just to be sure.

A good antivirus too, bitdefender is my tool of choice. Norton and McAfee were industry giants that crumbled under no competition. 

Reformat. Make sure you get windows up to date after reinstalling before you go ahead and install your other "normal" software. After it's up to date, do a full disk scan with Windows Defender (perfectly adequate virus scanner) and if you want to double check, I'd run a full scan of Malwarebytes.

thank you too everyone that offered help, ive just done a full wipe on my pc and it seems to be running fine now, appreciate the help