Help Me Identify This Old Corsair Case!

NaClKnight

I traded a handmade hitbox/arcade stick for a friend's half-finished PC build, and both of us feel like we got the best of this trade. 

While I work to diagnose if his ASUS X370 and 1st Gen Ryzen CPU work, I need your help identifying the old black full ATX Corsair case he gifted me. 

It's old, clearly, with side panels that latch on top, no screws necessary, and two carrying handles on top as well.

It's got 3 x 5.25" drives on the front, and room for 2x 140 or 120 fans on both the front, top, and side. 

I've attached some pics, but does anyone recognize this case? I like knowing what I'm building inside of.

PXL_20220919_011550168.jpg

PXL_20220919_011603912.jpg

image.jpeg

PXL_20220919_011654711.jpg

PXL_20220919_011642613.jpg

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

Looked like a Carbide 500R to me...

https://pcper.com/2012/01/video-perspective-corsair-carbide-500r-and-400r-case-review/

But I think @GameRetromight be right.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, GameRetro said:

Damn, that was near instantaneous. Good looking out.

I knew there was a reason I asked here on LTT lol. 

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Nah, the Carbide lacks the handles on top or the side panel latches. I think it's definitely a Vengeance C70. I appreciate your input though.

Edited by NaClKnight

Salt SYSTEMs:

SYSTEM-Infinity+1(Centerpiece) -- Ryzen 5600X + RX 6800 XT + Galahad 360 + 32GB + Thermaltake P3

SYSTEM-Embrace (Portable) --Ryzen 5600 + RX 5700 XT + Galahad 240 + 16GB + Hyte Revolt 3

Wow, I would like that case. Ha ha. Nice trade you got there.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

3 minutes ago, NaClKnight said:

Nah, the Carbide lacks the handles on top or the side panel latches. I think it's definitely a Vengeance C70. I appreciate your input though.

Used to really follow interesting PC cases for a while, PSUs too. Glad I could solve it for you. Brings me back to the time I bought my first real expensive case - a Xaser III in blue that weighed a ton lol. The switch to aluminium was one of the better trends in PC case development.

17 minutes ago, NaClKnight said:

Yeah, I noticed the difference in the sides, hence I edited my post accordingly. Those two do have strikingly similar fronts though.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!