[Leak] NVIDIA Enthusiast Graphics Roadmap

TechFan@ic

The 8000 series are basically refreshers of the 7000 series and they already pretty much have that ready.

Also, remember how NVIDIA responded to the 7000 series when they finished Kepler? Instead of releasing the full Kepler chip, they released a smaller version of it.

If they had anything ready they would have released it like the 7790, you don't make a product & wait on it, otherwise you lose a lot of money.

If you mean GK110, Nvidia just released that chip in the form of Titan a month ago, it wasn't ready before then, the yields were far too low.

If they had anything ready they would have released it like the 7790, you don't make a product & wait on it, otherwise you lose a lot of money.

If you mean GK110, Nvidia just released that chip in the form of Titan a month ago, it wasn't ready before then, the yields were far too low.

How about the 650 Ti Boost? Shouldn't NVIDIA have waited to release it with the 700 series?

It's not the yield that held the Titan back. A majority of their profit is in the enterprise segment so the GK110 chips were prioritize for that market group. It's not as expensive to make as Titan would suggest. For NVIDIA, it's having a steady growth and to do that they need a decent profit from their products and the enterprise segment is where the money is at. NVIDIA basically saw the 7000 series and saw that the full Kepler could easily beat it so to lower cost and maximize from profit, they released the GK104 instead and left big Kepler for the next series.

Why do you think AMD was having a bad time during the previous year? Their profit margins were not high enough to satisfy their investors or attract newer ones.

TechFan@ic is right, it takes a minimum of three years to design a series of graphics cards.

GK110 wasn't ready until early 2013, Nvidia had no choice.

GK110 was ready last year. It's what was used on Tesla.

i guess im going to end up buying 670FTW(4GB) for surround gaming this summer too bad 770 only have 2gb version

Don't be surprised if there's a 3 or 4GB version made by a partner.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Don't be surprised if there's a 3 or 4GB version made by a partner.

3GB or 4GB of VRAM is pretty much useless since the memory interface is only 256-bit. It'll bottle neck it.

only reason i could think to buy one is the increased bandwidth as compared to the 6xx series i seem to remember reading its supposed to be roughly twice the bandwidth of a 680 even then its not worth an upgrade.. if your running a 5xx card or later then yeah probably worth it

3GB or 4GB of VRAM is pretty much useless since the memory interface is only 256-bit. It'll bottle neck it.

It'll bottleneck anything over 2.5gb, so 3GB is still plausible (nobody is going to make a card with two point five)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It'll bottleneck anything over 2.5gb, so 3GB is still plausible (nobody is going to make a card with two point five)

I wonder why they even went back to 256-bit when the 500 series used 384-bit and had 3GB.

The 580 had 1.5GB as standard & the 570 had 1.28GB as standard. The 560 Ti had even less than that.

Yup. But they had 384-bit memory interfaces so when the vendors upgraded their frame buffers on their non-reference designs, the bigger memory interface helped.

Interesting specs if true. Glad I didn't hold my breath on this series, that looks like quite a marginal upgrade. Not worth the price, in my opinion, especially if 3GB will just be bottlenecked.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790S 3.2/4.0 GHz  GPU: HIS AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB GDDR5  Motherboard: ASUS Pro Gamer H97  RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz  

PSU: NZXT HALE82 700W  Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa  Case: NZXT H230 

now i feel better about getting a 780

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

tell me when the full GK104 is around $300

Unless I manage to stumble acorss $1k for a titan a $300 full GK104 is my next upgrade.

The 680 is pretty much the full GK104. It probably won't go down to $300 for another couple of years.

Well apparently the 770 is a 680 at $400-450

*shrug* It's a start...

What I really need to to find some games I like that actually make me want to upgrade from my 560Ti.

So far all I can think of is Crysis 3...

either that or we need to see some CHEAP 4k monitors.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

A 560Ti can run Crysis 3 and be playable but the settings will have to be turned down quite a bit.

A 4K display will cripple every single GPU card out currently.

http://videocardz.com/41336/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-features-gk110-300-gpu

This has been leaked by videocardz.com & it confirms that the 780 will only have 3 GB of VRAM while the 770 will have just 2GB.

There is also a third card based on GK104, presumably the 760 Ti, & it will also have 2GB of VRAM.

Why did they blur out the GTX 660 Ti timeline? Was waiting for the release date for that card Hope it will be around the same date as other boards :(

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

A 560Ti can run Crysis 3 and be playable but the settings will have to be turned down quite a bit.

A 4K display will cripple every single GPU card out currently.

Right, like I said the only game that makes me want to upgrade is Crysis 3 in order to play on higher settings at 60 fps. But that game alone isnt going to do it.

Also, unless I see an affordable 22-28inch 4k monitor at 60Hz I'm not that interested in 4k.

If I wanted a 40+inch 4k setup id just get 2 more 1080p monitors. ( have 2 already)

And because I dont want bezel as the center of my screen that means I'd probably just get a 3rd 1080p and play at 5760x1080. (I currently only game on 1 monitor)

But do I want to game across 3 22inch monitors? *shrug* too wide IMO.

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

Right, like I said the only game that makes me want to upgrade is Crysis 3 in order to play on higher settings at 60 fps. But that game alone isnt going to do it.

Also, unless I see an affordable 22-28inch 4k monitor at 60Hz I'm not that interested in 4k.

If I wanted a 40+inch 4k setup id just get 2 more 1080p monitors. ( have 2 already)

And because I dont want bezel as the center of my screen that means I'd probably just get a 3rd 1080p and play at 5760x1080. (I currently only game on 1 monitor)

But do I want to game across 3 22inch monitors? *shrug* too wide IMO.

By the time those happen, Crysis 3 would be replaced by an even more demanding game. Just like how it replaced the original Crysis.

By the time those happen, Crysis 3 would be replaced by an even more demanding game. Just like how it replaced the original Crysis.

Well I also didnt play crysis till I got my 560 Ti which can play Crysis and Crysis 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 (the game that finally made me want to upgrade to a REAL GPU (from a GT 9500)) all at max at 1080p

Sadly the AAA game industry hasnt impressed me in a few years...

Well I also didnt play crysis till I got my 560 Ti which can play Crysis and Crysis 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 (the game that finally made me want to upgrade to a REAL GPU (from a GT 9500)) all at max at 1080p

Sadly the AAA game industry hasnt impressed me in a few years...

Well, it's a matter of personal taste. Developers can't please everyone. Copies sold and profits kind of speaks for itself.

Well, it's a matter of personal taste. Developers can't please everyone. Copies sold and profits kind of speaks for itself.

Yup. Apparently the general public like being heard like sheep into continuing to buy dragging on franchises with games that barely if even expand or improve on the gameplay of the previous games...

Literally I've found indie games more interesting. Sadly the Production Values are generally not as high quality as AAA games. But at least the gameplay is unique and new and interesting...

For example... If theyre going to keep making Assassin's Creed games they could at least do a better job making me feel like im playing a NEWER BETTER game rather than AC II again...

I havent played Bioshock Infinite yet but it seems theyve done a pretty good job giving us something new and different enough...

Yup. Apparently the general public like being heard like sheep into continuing to buy dragging on franchises with games that barely if even expand or improve on the gameplay of the previous games...

Literally I've found indie games more interesting. Sadly the Production Values are generally not as high quality as AAA games. But at least the gameplay is unique and new and interesting...

Well not everyone can be like you. There are even old school gamers who continually prefer the older games because that's what they grew up playing. A new generation of gamers means new standards of gaming.