PC doesn't post

JulianSen1
Go to solution Solved by wolfmcbeard,

Should be fine, when I built my current pc a short bit ago, it would loop back to bios if I exited before I installed Windows 10.

Pc boots, mobo showed vga and boot red light but doesnt anymore now.
if connect hdmi to gpu goes into bios but if exit bios restarts and gets into bios again. Bios shows that memory, cpu, ssd all connected. Can't seem to find any info about gpu in bios. if connect hdmi to mobo doesnt do anything at all.

gpu spinning fans. Is clicked in right and connected. PCIe cable connected with adapter that came with the gpu. Also connected.
What should I do?

Specs:
NZXT N7 B550
3060 TI founders edition
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X processor
Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro SL 2x8GB 3200 White
RM Series 2021, 750 Watt, 80+ Gold, Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

The R5 5600X doesn't have an igpu and therefore the hdmi port on the motherboard is effectively useless by default so you need to use gpu video outs.
Does your ssd have an operating system installed?
And if so, did it start into the os normally?

Edit: I don't think most bios will show gpu info, I have an MSI mb and it doesn't from what I can find.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

2 minutes ago, wolfmcbeard said:

The R5 5600X doesn't have an igpu and therefore the hdmi port on the motherboard is effectively useless by default so you need to use gpu video outs.
Does your ssd have an operating system installed?
And if so, did it start into the os normally?

Edit: I don't think most bios will show gpu info, I have an MSI mb and it doesn't from what I can find.

ssd doesnt have OS installed no, first time starting it up.

Should be fine, when I built my current pc a short bit ago, it would loop back to bios if I exited before I installed Windows 10.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

A good early check would be to confirm that your board manufacturer has included your RAM's SKU on their QVL list for that board model. These issues don't match what I dealt with for months prior to discovering this, but then the unrecommended DIMMs caused different issues in different boards, neither of which listed them on their respective QVLs.

If it's not, that's an indication there could be stability issues. Some say this doesn't matter, but Ryzens are very fussy about RAM, and this is a very distinct possibility of what's causing your problem. I've heard of everything from random crashes to boot loops to what I experienced, occasional hard crashes, not waking from sleep mode and no-video POST failures about every 8-12 cold boots. Drove me crazy, but I figured it out, and two out of three machines that experienced issues have had the RAM replaced with QVL-recommended and are running perfectly.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!