windows xp

Benjiboiiiiiii

im trying to get windows xp on my old laptop and rn the drive is wiped how do i get it on there

ive tried youtubeand it didnt help

4 minutes ago, Benjiboiiiiiii said:

im trying to get windows xp on my old laptop and rn the drive is wiped how do i get it on there

ive tried youtubeand it didn't help

Assuming your laptop has a CD/DVD drive, you'd insert your Windows XP installation media into the drive, then press the keyboard key that loads the boot menu on your particular laptop, select the CD/DVD drive as your boot drive, and follow the on-screen installation instructions.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

21 minutes ago, Benjiboiiiiiii said:

i dont have a cd or a cd drive ive been trying to ddo it through usb

that's probably why

Use Rufus to make your USB image, it's best with Windows. That, or Ventoy but you may not be ready for that...

5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Laptop may not boot from USB.. you'd be better at this @Mel0n.

As was said, laptop might not boot from USB. But it sounds like your ISO might just be screwed up...

Here, check out this shameless plug nice tutorial by totally-not-me. 

It truly is easiest with a CD drive and original CD, though. If your laptop has a drive slot a replacement drive is literally $8 on ebay, if not a USB CD drive is under $20

If you insist on USB, make sure you're doing it properly as I said in my previous post, make sure you got a working ISO, and make sure your laptop boots from usb most importantly

ive talked with my brother and were just going to get a cd drive and find a cd somewhere unless someone haas an easier way like putting the os straight on the hard drive

If you can connect the hard drive to another computer, you can install Windows via VM. After the install finishes just turn off the VM and put the hard drive back to the laptop.