PS5 Wifi and Wired connection issues

Daksom

Hello!

So after moving and getting new internet service, I have been unable to get my ps5 to connect to my new internet network, It will obtain an IP and recognize the network but will not actually connect outside of my network. I can get it to connect to my phones hotspot but only after I disconnect my phone from WIFI. Every other device on my WIFI works just fine and my PC runs fine wired. I have had a mind numbing time trying to get help from both my ISP (centurylink) and from Sony itself and haven't been able to get anything in the way of help.

I have thus far tired all of the standard reboot and factory resets, but I have also tried messing with port forwarding and DNS stuff all to no avail.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts that might help me, I would love to hear them

Thank you so much!

Have you tried a different router? In the past, I've had a device or two just randomly not work with a specific router.

I would suggest bypassing the router and connecting straight to your modem for a test, but I'm guessing you have a combo modem router. Using your phone as a hotspot is kind of accomplishing the same thing though. Since that works, that makes me believe it's the router's fault.