Mechanical Keyboard Sound Program

Adam_Cr1

Not sure whether to put this in software or in the peripherals section of the forums.

I'm looking at getting a mechanical keyboard but I'm not sure if the mechanical keyboard sound would distract me from working.

Do any of you know of a program that replicates the sound of a mechanical keyboard through speakers?

CPU: Intel i5 4690k  GPU: Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC

If you are worried about the sound get Cherry Brown switches, it isn't clicky you see :) but still has that nice feedback, not sure about any program that does that though

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

If you are worried about the sound get Cherry Brown switches, it isn't clicky you see :) but still has that nice feedback, not sure about any program that does that though

Yes, but I want to try with the MX Blue because that would be the keyboard I would get.

I like the clickiness but I don't know how distracting it would be if I was to be typing something all day.

I was thinking I could map sound to buttons on my keyboard but I don't know how effective that would be.

Someone should come up with a software solution for this. From the predictive search on Google, it looks like lots of people are looking for a program that does just as I want it to.

Yes, but I want to try with the MX Blue because that would be the keyboard I would get.

If you ever seen a typewriter you would know that once you type you forget about the sound, cus those things clicked like hell. So i wouldn't worry bout that too much.

If you ever seen a typewriter you would know that once you type you forget about the sound, cus those things clicked like hell. So i wouldn't worry bout that too much.

I've seen one and tried one but as I said, I haven't spent the whole day using one.

I use a Cherry MX Blue keyboard daily and I quite like the clicking. You get used to it after a while and it serves as a nice indicator that you have pressed a button.

i7 3770K @4.3Ghz, H100, 16GB RAM, Windforce 780Ti & 680, HyperX 3K 120GB SSD, Seagate 500GB, WD 2TB Black, Asus Z-77 V-PRO, Some ODD, 3X 24" 1080P

Do any of you know of a program that replicates the sound of a mechanical keyboard through speakers?

/\

I don't think that there is a program that will do that. I would be too CPU intensive. I guess your best option is to buy a mechanical keyboard and if it distracts you, sell it on Ebay or return it.

I mean that would run in background when you work.

I don't think that there is a program that will do that. I would be too CPU intensive. I guess your best option is to buy a mechanical keyboard and if it distracts you, sell it on Ebay or return it.

I mean that would run in background when you work.

Really? Too CPU intensive? Really? REALLY?

My entire keyboard is MX Brown and it's only minimally louder than membrane, however it's a lot more satisfying to use and it sounds better too. 

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

• 1 year later...

I have an AMD fx-8150 with a Gigabyte GA-970-D3 motherboard. I have had trouble getting any mechanical keyboard to work. I have tried: (Corsair k60, Cooler Master Storm, and Ducky). Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions? I really want a mechanical keyboard, but I have purchased and returned three of them. Two of them I tested at Microcenter upon return and they worked on an Intel machine (Sandy Bridge i3). 

Not sure whether to put this in software or in the peripherals section of the forums.

I'm looking at getting a mechanical keyboard but I'm not sure if the mechanical keyboard sound would distract me from working.

Don't you have a store nearby where you can try one out? A demo ex or something. ^^

It's a                        Hajimimashite

Sleeping Cat             Watashi wa Miku Hatsune Desu :3

Mjau (^w^)                Linus wa kawaii desu! Hai ka XD

Really? Too CPU intensive? Really? REALLY?

Wat...

It's a                        Hajimimashite

Sleeping Cat             Watashi wa Miku Hatsune Desu :3

Mjau (^w^)                Linus wa kawaii desu! Hai ka XD