computer not start after sitting idle for a month. please help!

bkrenderman

my computer was sitting idle for a month as i was travelling for about month.

but now when i try to turn it on. all fans spin for a second and turn off. if i press power button again then same thing happens fan spin for second and turn off.

I checked power cable and its okay. now how could the computer that has been working fine for months not start? my home was locked so no one touched computer in my absence.

please tell me what to do. its new computer with below specs-

cpu - Ryzen 5950x

MB - Gigabyte Aorus B550 pro v2

Ram - 64GB vengeance 3000mhz

GPU - RTX 3060 zotac

cooler - Arctic Frizer II 360 AIO

SSD - WD 980 512 GB

PSU - Corsair RM850

34 minutes ago, bkrenderman said:

my computer was sitting idle for a month as i was travelling for about month.

but now when i try to turn it on. all fans spin for a second and turn off. if i press power button again then same thing happens fan spin for second and turn off.

I checked power cable and its okay. now how could the computer that has been working fine for months not start? my home was locked so no one touched computer in my absence.

please tell me what to do. its new computer with below specs-

cpu - Ryzen 5950x

MB - Gigabyte Aorus B550 pro v2

Ram - 64GB vengeance 3000mhz

GPU - RTX 3060 zotac

cooler - Arctic Frizer II 360 AIO

SSD - WD 980 512 GB

PSU - Corsair RM850

Hmmm that seems like a power issue to me. Is your pc connected into the wall or a surge protector? It’s very possible that a power surge happened at some point and partially fried the psu. Thats what happened to my Xbox after sitting for awhile. But before you go buy a psu, maybe there is some way to rule other things out but thats my guess.

5 minutes ago, ZROCK said:

Hmmm that seems like a power issue to me. Is your pc connected into the wall or a surge protector? It’s very possible that a power surge happened at some point and partially fried the psu. Thats what happened to my Xbox after sitting for awhile. But before you go buy a psu, maybe there is some way to rule other things out but thats my guess.

I agree. That sounds like bad capacitors unable to hold the startup surge load as well.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

On 8/28/2022 at 1:19 AM, ZROCK said:

Its connected to wall directly but My PC was OFF and the power cables were disconnected the entire time I was travelling. so how can power surge create problem for PSU?

6 hours ago, bkrenderman said:

Its connected to wall directly but My PC was OFF and the power cables were disconnected the entire time I was travelling. so how can power surge create problem for PSU?

If the plug is in the wall, it goes straight to the psu. Just because it is off doesnt mean a surge of power cant damage what is connected to the wall. My xbox was off when it got fried. 

I found solution to this. problem was bad power cord. yes its bad cord. i switched with new cord and system immediately post. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 12:15 PM, bkrenderman said:

I found solution to this. problem was bad power cord. yes its bad cord. i switched with new cord and system immediately post. 

sweet

Sorry its not the power cord but it looks like PSU. I have Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W Gold PSU it has 10 years of warranty. but I noticed the random behavior sometimes computer run normal but sometimes PSU not start and create clicking noise and fan spin. I never suspected PSU but then I decided to change it with Corsair RM850 and yea system starts working fine. its been a week and system is just working fine no issues of clicking sound etc.

now when I take Thermaltake PSU and plug it in other computer it also works there fine without any issues yet. I am totally going mad about this what's wrong if the PSU is BAD then why it works with other computer and if my computer was bad then why it works with Corsair RM850? who is culprit?