Suggestion on Tower Cooler

alteredasphyxia

I just recently built a PC a Ryzen 5 4650G (no GPU) with a stock cooler idle at 40C and edited some videos reaching 70-80C. I am open for suggestions my budget is about $35 max would be great if its black throughout no RGB.

DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 Black should do nicely.

Easy to mount and cheap and fits the requirements you set 🙂 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 8/24/2022 at 3:24 AM, Uptivuptiz said:

DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX GTE V2 Black should do nicely.

Easy to mount and cheap and fits the requirements you set 🙂 

I would have to agree here, as that cooler is capable of handling that CPU. If you are in the US and near a Microcenter, you can get the newer AK400 for $34.99 right now.

1 hour ago, DeepCool zer0 said:

the newer AK400

Oh, I was unaware that there was a newer one. Cool 😎

Personnally I like the design of the GTE V2 better as it is all black instead of silver fins and black fan. But that's just my preference. 😃

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Oh, I was unaware that there was a newer one. Cool 😎

Personnally I like the design of the GTE V2 better as it is all black instead of silver fins and black fan. But that's just my preference. 😃

I totally get it. If blacked out is your thing; the AK400 Zero Dark is also coming out in the coming months. Just a suggestion that you might like.

https://global.deepcool.com/products/Cooling/cpuaircoolers/AK400-ZERO-DARK-Performance-CPU-Cooler/2022/16140.shtml

@alteredasphyxia

+1 for the AK400 for the US market.

While Thermalright, ID-Cooling match or beat the bare heatsink for similar or less money, they have inferior fans. The fan on the AK400 is really good, it made it push above it's class in GamersNexus testing and other testing.

The only comparable fans are the ones on Arctic A35, Arctic Freezer 34, but they're not as quiet (resonance noise on the 34), and/or the coolers themselves are more expensive (with the A35, and even though the P12 A-RGB is awesome it's not easily replaceable on the A35).

On the EU market, there's also the new Raijintek Themis II at ~13 eur cheaper than then AK400, and SilentiumPC Fera 5 at ~9 eur cheaper. But the again the Fluctus fan on the Fera has some noise issues (even though it did amazing on Hwcooling testing and approached Arctic P12 for best bang-for-buck noise-normalized + it was close to the fan on theDeepcool AK400 going by Igor's Lab testing).

And there's no reviews on the Raijintek so it's a gamble (Though the fan looks like a great improvement on previous Raijintek fans). So +1 for the AK400 for the EU market as well xD

8 hours ago, DeepCool zer0 said:

the AK400 Zero Dark is also coming out in the coming months

Awesome, a nice rounded response to market-setter options Thermalright has been dominating the US market with so far. This + the new Depcool AK500 macho/mugen 5 class cube single tower are great options (especially with the focus on high VRM/high M.2 cooler clearance on the new AK500, nobody else has teased adjusted geometries on tower coolers for the new normal obstructions around the CPU socket).

The air cooling space is finally heating up again, I can't wait to see how everyone matches Thermalright A-RGB options between Jonsbo/ID-Cooling and Deepcool. (Or maybe Thermalright manages to release A-RGB versions of their new improved fans first). Either way Jonsbo And Deepcool have advantage on aesthetics due to running sleek visual designs. And Deepcool edges out over Jonsbo on  aesthetic wow/new/different factor with the innovative square designs.

There's a reason Steve from GamersNexus praised Deepcool from departing from the industrial design xD (Though he has yet to review the "in-between" Jonsbo HX series.