Bios issues

DuckCuck

z690 master ddr5 motherboard i am having 3 bits of text coming up saying I failed to do something and the computer turns itself off 2-3times before it boots normally. running windows 11. with xmp enabled and default bios settings.

see below for details

Rbl2 failed to boot code to come up

mac reset failed!

atlanticfwinit -> 0x7

IMG_20220817_042258.jpg

For bios issues reflashing the bios is the general answer.  Do you have the capacity to do that from usb?  A quick thing might be to try resetting the cmos.  That puts the bios back to stock.  There are a couple of ways to do that generally.  One is to short the cmos jumpers with anything metal.  A screwdriver is traditional. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I just tried updating to the newest version of bios and app centre just basically cancelled the update at 0% so I'm a little confused of what to do

2 hours ago, DuckCuck said:

I just tried updating to the newest version of bios and app centre just basically cancelled the update at 0% so I'm a little confused of what to do

Well you can still do the cmos thing.  Also apps generally need an OS to run, so if you remove the OS by removing the hard drive before booting the only place the thing can go is bios.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

okay so with updating my bios to F24a I have no real issues now what so ever, i prevously was getting shut downs if the monitor went into standby mode when the system was turned on. so thanks for trying to figure this out with me but it was just gigabyte being slow with bios updates.