Upgrading my pc

Go to solution Solved by Ryuikko,

I'd more upgrade to something along the lines of a 5600 and 6600xt since going to a 3600 from a 3300x really isn't worth it. 

Budget (including currency): 500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA V, BeamNG.drive, VR Games, FiveM, Rainbow Six Siege, and some video editing.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I am looking to upgrade my current system. I have a very modest budget and am hoping to upgrade my cpu and graphics card. I play on 1080p and I already have a vr headset.

CURRENT SPECS

===========================================================================

Motherboard: MSI B450 -A Pro Max (ATX motherboard)

CPU: Ryzen 3 3300X

Graphics Card: AMD RX 560

Memory: 16Gb 3200 DDR4 Memory

Storage: 1 TB M.2 SSD & 7200RPM 2TB HDD

Power supply: EVGA 600BQ 80+ Bronze

Case: Fractal Design Focus G

===========================================================================

I want to upgrade my CPU and GPU while keeping my current motherboard.

Also, I have been looking at upgrading my CPU to a Ryzen 5 3600 and upgrading my GPU to a AMD Radeon RX 6600, Is this a good choice?

howdy!

I'd more upgrade to something along the lines of a 5600 and 6600xt since going to a 3600 from a 3300x really isn't worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Thanks for the advice. I was going for the 3600 because I didn't know if I was going to have to upgrade my power supply and wanted to save some money just in case.

howdy!

7 minutes ago, Astro88 said:

Thanks for the advice. I was going for the 3600 because I didn't know if I was going to have to upgrade my power supply and wanted to save some money just in case.

It's an okay psu, it'll definitely hold up with this upgrade since the 6600xt really isn't that power hungry compared to mvidia gpus

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DvsmrD

I'd probably wait for buying the cpu since it usually hovers at ~170 and you would probably see a price drop with Am5 release, but it's not a bad buy if you need it asap

7 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

It's an okay psu, it'll definitely hold up with this upgrade since the 6600xt really isn't that power hungry compared to mvidia gpus

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DvsmrD

I'd probably wait for buying the cpu since it usually hovers at ~170 and you would probably see a price drop with Am5 release, but it's not a bad buy if you need it asap

Thanks!

howdy!