GrandStream HT813 - Apartment Buzzer to VOIP|FXO|FXS - HELP

anakin61

Hello,

I live in an apartment building that has a buzzer that can buzz your hard-wired phone. My problem is that I wanted it to also call mine and my wife's cell phone to buzz in people/packages when we were not home.

I bought a SPA3000 and went through this guide: https://www.ryansteele.ca/2019/07/15/forward-your-landline-apartment-buzzer-to-your-cell-phone/. And it worked fantastic! However, a few weeks ago the SPA3000 just stopped working so I decided to purchase a different VOIP system as I did not just want to buy another SPA3000 to die again.

My main requirements were VOIP as well as a FXO and FXS ports as I needed to relay the incoming call from my buzzer to VOIP. I also don't want to pay $20+ a month for a landline that will just be forwarding incoming calls to my cell, this also wouldn't work as well as I wanted to be able to add a group of cells to call and most systems only forward to a single cell.

So I purchased the GrandStream HT813. I setup the VOIP system and made a call to make sure it works. It looks like the FXS works flawlessly; however, the FXO profile does not forward the call to my cell phone and just goes to my FXS port's phone and rings that. Both the FXO and FXS ports say "registered" so I know that they are hooked to the VOIP system.

Does anyone have experience with this system that could suggest a solution? I even tried to use the "Unconditional Call Forward to VOIP" function so that all calls will just be forwarded but that did not work.

When I started working on this the Status of the hook for the FXO port was "Idle" but now it just says "Not Connected" but I have not touched it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat with the SPA3000. All the ones you can buy now are counterfeit. I went through 3 of them all with the same result: works great for a few days / weeks then dies. Too bad because the setup was simple and it worked great.

I was thinking about the HT813, but consensus seems to be its a pain to configure...

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have the SPA3000 working and it suddenly stopped after a couple of months as well.

Getting my Grandstream HT813 today and will update on how it goes to configure it to work with VOIP.MS to forward calls to cell.

If you are still interested if I am able to configure it properly.

Please let me know

Update: I got it working, let me know if you want assistance 

On 8/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, anakin61 said:

Hello,

I live in an apartment building that has a buzzer that can buzz your hard-wired phone. My problem is that I wanted it to also call mine and my wife's cell phone to buzz in people/packages when we were not home.

I bought a SPA3000 and went through this guide: https://www.ryansteele.ca/2019/07/15/forward-your-landline-apartment-buzzer-to-your-cell-phone/. And it worked fantastic! However, a few weeks ago the SPA3000 just stopped working so I decided to purchase a different VOIP system as I did not just want to buy another SPA3000 to die again.

My main requirements were VOIP as well as a FXO and FXS ports as I needed to relay the incoming call from my buzzer to VOIP. I also don't want to pay $20+ a month for a landline that will just be forwarding incoming calls to my cell, this also wouldn't work as well as I wanted to be able to add a group of cells to call and most systems only forward to a single cell.

So I purchased the GrandStream HT813. I setup the VOIP system and made a call to make sure it works. It looks like the FXS works flawlessly; however, the FXO profile does not forward the call to my cell phone and just goes to my FXS port's phone and rings that. Both the FXO and FXS ports say "registered" so I know that they are hooked to the VOIP system.

Does anyone have experience with this system that could suggest a solution? I even tried to use the "Unconditional Call Forward to VOIP" function so that all calls will just be forwarded but that did not work.

When I started working on this the Status of the hook for the FXO port was "Idle" but now it just says "Not Connected" but I have not touched it.

I got my HT813 today after my SPA3000 stopped working after a few months.

I got it setup and working with VOIP.MS

Let me know if you need assistance 

On 9/3/2022 at 11:05 AM, quacktacular said:

Just wanted to say I'm in the same boat with the SPA3000. All the ones you can buy now are counterfeit. I went through 3 of them all with the same result: works great for a few days / weeks then dies. Too bad because the setup was simple and it worked great.

I was thinking about the HT813, but consensus seems to be its a pain to configure...

I got the HT813 working within a couple minutes. 

Not too much of a pain to setup, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, 

I'm trying to achieve the same result with grandstream 813. 

Could you please guide me for FXO configuration. 

I'm trying to follow sp3000 guide but the options are very different and voip.ms website does not have instruction for ht813.

• Set Dial Plan 8 to (S0<:1xxxxxxxyyy), where 1xxxxxxxyyy is your Virtual SIP Number (the x’s are your Main Username and the y’s are the three-digit suffix you chose) - grandstream HT813 does not have dial plan 8 but just a single dial plan
  • Set PSTN Caller Default DP to 
  • Set PSTN Answer Delay to 0

Also i was looking for an option of VOIP to PSTN bridge call which should open the buzzer for a guest. The idea here is that the guest dials the VOIP number and i can accept the call and send the appropriate response number ( dial pad number  ) to the buzzer system to open the door.

We have a buzzer gate at townhouse community and the guest has to get out of their car to open the door.

• 6 months later...

I hate to revive this old thread, but can anyone post the correct syntax for the Dial Plan for the HT813? 

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2022 at 1:03 PM, EDAWG said:

I got my HT813 today after my SPA3000 stopped working after a few months.

I got it setup and working with VOIP.MS

Let me know if you need assistance 

Yes, I would like help! 

I forgot about this threat and just gave up after a couple of months of support with Grandstream!

2 minutes ago, anakin61 said:

Yes, I would like help! 

I forgot about this threat and just gave up after a couple of months of support with Grandstream!

If I have FXS activated and FXO de-activated my landline works.

I am unable to forward the call out to my cell group setup in VoIP.ms. I used to have the old box so I know that VoIP.ms is setup correctly.

I am also able to make outgoing calls with the landline through VOIP.

When I buzz in, my landline rings but the box does not send the call out to my cell group.

• 6 months later...
On 9/11/2022 at 1:08 PM, EDAWG said:

I got the HT813 working within a couple minutes. 

Not too much of a pain to setup, actually.

On 6/5/2023 at 6:12 PM, anakin61 said:

If I have FXS activated and FXO de-activated my landline works.

I am unable to forward the call out to my cell group setup in VoIP.ms. I used to have the old box so I know that VoIP.ms is setup correctly.

I am also able to make outgoing calls with the landline through VOIP.

When I buzz in, my landline rings but the box does not send the call out to my cell group.

I have been trying to get mine to work and though I am close, can’t seem to find the exact right settings.

I had set the caller Id for the sub account to be a verified caller id (my cell number) and then set the Grandstream to unconditional call forward to a virtual DID set to forward to a ring group.  This worked twice and I heard my voicemail pick up through the buzzer (I think cause if you call your own phone it accesses your voicemail).  

I am stuck though so any help would be apreciated.

3 hours ago, Breaker89 said:

I have been trying to get mine to work and though I am close, can’t seem to find the exact right settings.

I had set the caller Id for the sub account to be a verified caller id (my cell number) and then set the Grandstream to unconditional call forward to a virtual DID set to forward to a ring group.  This worked twice and I heard my voicemail pick up through the buzzer (I think cause if you call your own phone it accesses your voicemail).  

I am stuck though so any help would be apreciated.

Message me on Telegram https://t.me/edawg786