Fittings?

The stupid ghetto loop is pretty much done but i need a direct water over die block due to wolfdale for some reason having absolutely abysmal die -> ihs transfer even though its soldered, dont have a backplate for any sort of cpu mounting other than using the ilm, requirements are pretty much just not having to dissasemble the thing when i wanna take it out (somewhat easy to release tubes) and being able to take out the cpu without again dissasembling the thing so need fittings of lower profile. The block will pretty much be a bottlecap superglued onto the cpu substrate with holes in it for input and output because i am too bloody cheap to come up with a better system (ill use a junk cpu to test if its removable or not cause id rather not nuke good cpus), the mounting is prob just gonna use even more bottlecaps cause surprisingly these things are really versatile for plastic melting diy shenanigans

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220818_223708.thumb.jpg.b35f7bd8fd9cec84044b4c3448aa81a9.jpg

this is what im looking at but concerned about the width cause 775 is a pretty tiny socket compared to stuff like 1366 and id rather not juggle the cpu around to take it out

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220818_224232.thumb.jpg.b709d85017cc1269723e9893c41472e5.jpg

Theres also lower profile brass ones but kinda expensive and since the block is literally gonna be perma mount im gonna have to make multiple of these and i cant just weld it onto the bottlecap like i can with plastic fittings so need to use more superglue which can be a PITA

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220818_223913.thumb.jpg.43d70e5e1e3c701b64dd428f7f525105.jpg

Heres the most interesting one with best of both worlds, i can just use one of those pvc fittings that use a screw mechanism rather than compression mechanism which should be more low profile and cheaper, prob even more secure mount vs the brass one, all i need is just 2 of these

Any alternatives to these solutions?

Maybe theres something better compared to these

And maybe a reccomendation on mounting the block itself to the cpu so its removable without nuking the cpu, only idea i have is just covering the substrate with some sort of protective/sacrificial coat then glueing the block ontop of that

• 2 weeks later...

hmm what about removing the copper plate from a cpu block i mean they have a oring in it... might seal thow you would need some way to titen down on it.

i just found a diy mount for x299 i was tempted to get it but then ied have to attempt to remove the his... but then i would need to learn how to oc and i really dont need to oc anything..

if there was a way to attach 2 ball valves and a way to catch some of the water that could be a cheap qd.  i thoght about doing this in my build but still thinking on it. it would be hi flow too.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

4 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

hmm what about removing the copper plate from a cpu block i mean they have a oring in it... might seal thow you would need some way to titen down on it.

i just found a diy mount for x299 i was tempted to get it but then ied have to attempt to remove the his... but then i would need to learn how to oc and i really dont need to oc anything..

Eh normal blocks are too big, oring is an interesting idea but i think semi permaneant mount with superglue will work fine enough, after all its like <1$ per block cause all it is is just a bottlecap with fittings on it