Fan specs

El Pipa
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,
28 minutes ago, El Pipa said:

the higher this specs are the better right?908837106_Capturadepantalla2022-08-15114421.png.5182902743fbbaf36069a14bcf807fb6.png

Higher air pressure means the fan can push more air through dense radiators, through fins of a cpu cooler that are very close together, basically the fan can deal with obstructions better.

Air flow in CFM means cubic feet per minute of air, it's the amount of air that is moved by the fan.  BUT this amount of air is usually calculated without obstructions - even the fan grille that prevents you from shoving your fingers into the fan blades, is an obstruction.

You don't want to replace the fan on your cpu cooler (the tower kind with heatpipes) with a fan that has high CFM but low air pressure, because those thin blades of aluminum will be enough of an obstruction to not move air through the tower cooler and you'll get low performance.

Case fans will usually have a high CFM but low air pressure, as soon as you block them with dust filters and grills their performance decreases.

Fan noise level is how much noise the fan may make at highest speed.  A lower value is better.

Sleeve (cheap) bearing and some of those maglev and fluid dynamic bearings fans will be more silent at the same rpm compared to ball bearing fans, but in theory ball bearing fans are more reliable and can run at higher speeds.

4 minutes ago, El Pipa said:

the higher this specs are the better right?

higher dBA means louder

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

higher dBA means louder

compared to this other two fan is quieter and pushes more air right?

2.png

1.png

1 minute ago, El Pipa said:

so it could be louder but push more air compared to this other two fans?

2.png

1.png

Actually it's quieter than these 2, while having better airflow

6 minutes ago, El Pipa said:

compared to this other two fan is quieter and pushes more air right?

yes it has a higher pressure rating and airflow, with lower decibels.

where are you reading these specs from? I'm usually hesitant to assume specs like these are given honestly from the manufacturer.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Actually it's quieter than these 2, while having better airflow

yes I realized I didnt check out correct the specs and I edited the post

Just now, Fasauceome said:

where are you reading these specs from? I'm usually hesitant to assume specs like these are given honestly from the manufacturer.

This are aerocool fans. The page says everything https://aerocool.io/es/product/astro-12/. I dont know if they are honest but Im compering 3 coolers from the same brand so even if the specs arent real, this clearle tells me that the first one a showed should be better than the other two

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Those specs aren't standardized, so they're useful when comparing fans from the same manufacturer (assuming they are at least honest...), but not between brands

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

28 minutes ago, El Pipa said:

the higher this specs are the better right?908837106_Capturadepantalla2022-08-15114421.png.5182902743fbbaf36069a14bcf807fb6.png

Higher air pressure means the fan can push more air through dense radiators, through fins of a cpu cooler that are very close together, basically the fan can deal with obstructions better.

Air flow in CFM means cubic feet per minute of air, it's the amount of air that is moved by the fan.  BUT this amount of air is usually calculated without obstructions - even the fan grille that prevents you from shoving your fingers into the fan blades, is an obstruction.

You don't want to replace the fan on your cpu cooler (the tower kind with heatpipes) with a fan that has high CFM but low air pressure, because those thin blades of aluminum will be enough of an obstruction to not move air through the tower cooler and you'll get low performance.

Case fans will usually have a high CFM but low air pressure, as soon as you block them with dust filters and grills their performance decreases.

Fan noise level is how much noise the fan may make at highest speed.  A lower value is better.

Sleeve (cheap) bearing and some of those maglev and fluid dynamic bearings fans will be more silent at the same rpm compared to ball bearing fans, but in theory ball bearing fans are more reliable and can run at higher speeds.