New Geforce RTX 3060 GPU is running games at about 7 FPS (And has other issues too)

_Bee_

As stated above, I just installed a new PNY GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics card into my system and am having a lot of issues with it. It's running games that are more graphically intensive at about 7 FPS, and very low graphics games aroung 60 FPS. I fully updated the graphics driver from NVIDIA's site (it's version 516.94). I am also having the issue of being unable to control the fan curve on the GPU with MSI Afterburner, it doesn't even have the fan control/custom fan curve option available for me. This is a problem because currently the GPU fan isn't spinning until the GPU is over 90 degrees Celsius, and then spins up to 100% and stays there constantly afterwards. 

My System Specs: 

PNY GeForce RTX 3060 12GB XLR8 - GPU

SilverStone Technology FX600 Platinum Cybenetics Platinum 600W FlexATX  - Power Supply

AMD Ryzen 3600 - CPU

16 GB(2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX - RAM

Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN550 NVMe - SSD(Boot Drive)

ASRock B550M-ITX/AC - Motherboard

Did you uninstall all previous drivers with DDU? (Display Driver Uninstaller)

54 minutes ago, _Bee_ said:

GPU fan isn't spinning until the GPU is over 90 degrees Celsius, and then spins up to 100% and stays there constantly afterwards. 

I had this issue with my Gigabyte 2060 Super. Spent ages with support trying everything to get it working but nothing did. Had to send it back for replacement.

55 minutes ago, Sjaakie said:

Did you uninstall all previous drivers with DDU? (Display Driver Uninstaller)

I'm admittedly a little nervous about using DDU as I've never used it before, but I was aware of it as a possibility. Has it been reliable for you when used? 

Did you do a clean install of the Nvidia drivers? Have you tested your old GPU with the new driver to see if it behaves similarly? (assuming it's an Nvidia card) How old is your install of afterburner? 

CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x3D |  GPU - RTX 3080 TUF OC | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570 | RAM - Patriot Viper Blackout 32GB 3200MHz | Case - InWin 805 | Boot Drive - Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0  Storage - 2 x 1TB SSD's & 1 500GB SSD | PSU - Seasonic Focus Gold 1000w | Display - ASUS TUF VG27WQ Curved 1440P 165Hz | Cooling - ASUS TUF LC240 AIO + 5 aRGB Fans