Replacements for my old laptop

MS-DOS

I've got an Asus N53SV laptop, anyone could recommend an SSD that will fit in and a wifi card to replace the busted default one?
I have never opened a laptop so I don't know what im doing. Do I just remove the HDD and there will be a slot on the same place for SSDs?

I need like an 500GB one and a decent wifi card. I would also like a battery, but I see all these 3rd party ones, probably chinese, which one could I buy?

I would also like to max out on RAM. There's 2 4GB sticks installed, there's space for 4GB, maximun 16GB. So im confused. What do I do to run in dual channel? Should I remove the 2 existing sticks and buy 4 4GB sticks that are the same (or 2 8GB sticks)? What is the best setup? I was thinking of this one:

https://www.amazon.es/Crucial-CT102464BF160B-Memoria-PC3L-12800-204-Pin/dp/B006YG8X9Y

Thanks.

1. An SSD swap will be fairly easy, you'll need to do a full image copy of the HDD to the SSD which won't be bad, I'd recommend either a Crucial mx500 or WD blue for the replacement, both are very reliable and reasonably priced. Macrium Reflect is a free and easy to use software to do that and as long as you follow the directions it'll be a piece of cake.

2. WiFi card may be bios locked to that model so it'll probably end up being just a direct replacement.

3. The battery is going to be a Chinese battery, do some research, get one that is well rated and reviewed

4. For RAM, going beyond 16gb is going to have diminishing returns unless you have workloads that will benefit from more than 16gb, so stick to dual channel 2x8 for that. It's very unlikely that the CPU in that supports quad channel operation so 2 sticks will be fine.

18 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

1. An SSD swap will be fairly easy, you'll need to do a full image copy of the HDD to the SSD which won't be bad, I'd recommend either a Crucial mx500 or WD blue for the replacement, both are very reliable and reasonably priced. Macrium Reflect is a free and easy to use software to do that and as long as you follow the directions it'll be a piece of cake.

2. WiFi card may be bios locked to that model so it'll probably end up being just a direct replacement.

3. The battery is going to be a Chinese battery, do some research, get one that is well rated and reviewed

4. For RAM, going beyond 16gb is going to have diminishing returns unless you have workloads that will benefit from more than 16gb, so stick to dual channel 2x8 for that. It's very unlikely that the CPU in that supports quad channel operation so 2 sticks will be fine.

Right so basicially you are saying I need to find the exact model for the wifi card as the stock one? how tho? I think its discontinued.

1 hour ago, MS-DOS said:

Right so basicially you are saying I need to find the exact model for the wifi card as the stock one? how tho? I think its discontinued.

Might need to find a used one. It's possible that it isn't BIOS locked, but it's unlikely that you are going to be able to get a huge upgrade for the wireless card.

16 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Might need to find a used one. It's possible that it isn't BIOS locked, but it's unlikely that you are going to be able to get a huge upgrade for the wireless card.

There's some real cheap ones in ebay and aliexpress that look like generic built ones but im paranoid they have some preinstalled rootkits on it or something

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134194849945?hash=item1f3ea2e899:g:Z9AAAOSwCF1i8mpA

7 minutes ago, MS-DOS said:

There's some real cheap ones in ebay and aliexpress that look like generic built ones but im paranoid they have some preinstalled rootkits on it or something

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134194849945?hash=item1f3ea2e899:g:Z9AAAOSwCF1i8mpA

Unlikely, but I'd still get one that had some form of identifier on it to increase your chance that it'll work. Used genuine is almost guaranteed to be better than new mystery card.