Please someone help me

Go to solution Solved by Roamingirony,
42 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

haha that's normal a CPU heats up to 100 and shutdown if not cooled at all, even in BIOS

I BRING GOOD NEWS IT WORKS I downgraded the bios to f32 and it booted straight away just waiting for it to get too windows ūüôā

Okay so today I received an upgrade for my already working pc

Specs:

Cpu:ryzen 3200g

Mb:aorus b450 

Gpu:1050ti

Everything works as intended untill I put the new cpu in the cpu gets very hot(I did this to make sure it's working) however I get a vga light and it stays stuck on to emphasise if I left all the wires ect alone and put in the 3200g instead of the small upgrade of a ryzen 5 2600 it will boot no problem but the cpu isn't dead

I've tried a bios reset and the little cmos battery over and over its not helping 

Could I need a bios update?

3rd gen Ryzen on the Aorus B450 Pro (Assuming it's that one, you didn't specify) is supported since BIOS F40. It's on Gigabyte's site, you can check for yourself here. So if your BIOS is older, then yes, update it. If not, there's something else going on.

That being said, as a side note it's better to edit your original post than to keep posting replies to your own thread, as long as no-one has responded.

Edit: really want to emphasize here that I assumed you have the Aorus B450 Pro. You'll need to find the exact model and find the corresponding BIOS version for your specific board.

17 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

3rd gen Ryzen on the Aorus B450 Pro (Assuming it's that one, you didn't specify) is supported since BIOS F40. It's on Gigabyte's site, you can check for yourself here. So if your BIOS is older, then yes, update it. If not, there's something else going on.

That being said, as a side note it's better to edit your original post than to keep posting replies to your own thread, as long as no-one has responded.

Edit: really want to emphasize here that I assumed you have the Aorus B450 Pro. You'll need to find the exact model and find the corresponding BIOS version for your specific board.

So I should get the f40 bios update? 

21 minutes ago, Roamingirony said:

Or just get the latest one. You'll have AGESA updates and things.

TuringMachine

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - Fury Beast 3200 2x16 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - 2x Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

31 minutes ago, Roamingirony said:

Well once again, I don't know the exact model of your board.

You mention Aorus B450, but not whether it's the B450 Aorus Pro, B450 Aorus Elite, B450 Aorus Elite V2, B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi, B450 Aorus M. etc.. Each board has different BIOS versions.

So I can't tell you which version to get, because if I tell you that the F40 will fix things but you have a different board, you'll brick it.

You need to figure out what board you have exactly, then follow its CPU support list to see what BIOS supports the 3200G, then get that version or newer for the corresponding board. If your board is outdated, that should fix your issue.

22 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

Well once again, I don't know the exact model of your board.

You mention Aorus B450, but not whether it's the B450 Aorus Pro, B450 Aorus Elite, B450 Aorus Elite V2, B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi, B450 Aorus M. etc.. Each board has different BIOS versions.

So I can't tell you which version to get, because if I tell you that the F40 will fix things but you have a different board, you'll brick it.

You need to figure out what board you have exactly, then follow its CPU support list to see what BIOS supports the 3200G, then get that version or newer for the corresponding board. If your board is outdated, that should fix your issue.

speccy says this:

Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
Model    B450 AORUS PRO-CF (AM4)
Version    x.x
Chipset Vendor    AMD
Chipset Model    Ryzen SOC
Chipset Revision    00
Southbridge Vendor    AMD
Southbridge Model    B450
Southbridge Revision    51

and according to the app center provided by gigabyte my current bios is F41

:edit

also the ryzen 3200g works fine but im trying to replace the 3200g for the ryzen 5 2600 due to more cores slightly better performance its when i put the ryzen 5 2600 into the motherboard and power on it does the checks with the lights and then vga just stays on so im looking for a bios that supports the 2600 not the 3200g

1 hour ago, Roamingirony said:

Okay so today I received an upgrade for my already working pc

Specs:

Cpu:ryzen 3200g

Mb:aorus b450 

Gpu:1050ti

Everything works as intended untill I put the new cpu in the cpu gets very hot(I did this to make sure it's working) however I get a vga light and it stays stuck on to emphasise if I left all the wires ect alone and put in the 3200g instead of the small upgrade of a ryzen 5 2600 it will boot no problem but the cpu isn't dead

Errm do you "upgrade" from a 3200G to a 2600 or the other way round (which is more of a downgrade) ??

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir/ 0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

7 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Errm do you "upgrade" from a 3200G to a 2600 or the other way round (which is more of a downgrade) ??

i need the extra cores dude 4c 4t isn't cutting it for me and according to userbenchmarks the ryzen 5 2600 is better than the 3200g 

so the way i see it its an upgrade as i don't need the integrated graphics and the 2 extra cores and 2 threads per core is nice for me 

especially when its mostly always at 100% usage and it craps itself or maybe i am just an idiot and the extra cores and threads isn't going to help me at all but i want the ability to have multiple things open and the 3200g doesn't do that for me  

Just now, Roamingirony said:

i need the extra cores dude 4c 4t isn't cutting it for me and according to userbenchmarks the ryzen 5 2600 is better than the 3200g 

Ok this is the "good way" upgrade then

But then the BIOS version shouldn't matter as the 2600 predates the 3200G

Did you plug the video output to the GPU (as the 2600 has no iGPU, the 3200G has) ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir/ 0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

9 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Ok this is the "good way" upgrade then

But then the BIOS version shouldn't matter as the 2600 predates the 3200G

Did you plug the video output to the GPU (as the 2600 has no iGPU, the 3200G has) ?

yes, i have done everything right in fact im writing this while using my pc with the 3200g but if i switch then the board does its red light checks thing and then just gets stuck on VGA but if it was the cpu then surely the cpu light would come on making me think it could of been a bios problem but im not sure? the fans don't ramp up or anything  but the cpu when in the socket does get hot like its doing something..it just doesn't post which is what gets me puzzled 

1 minute ago, Roamingirony said:

yes, i have done everything right in fact im writing this while using my pc with the 3200g but if i switch then the board does its red light checks thing and then just gets stuck on VGA but if it was the cpu then surely the cpu light would come on making me think it could of been a bios problem but im not sure? 

Did you clear CMOS ?

And anyway since you have a working rig update BIOS to latest for your board

Maybe your BIOS bugs out on video adapter it should use

7 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Did you clear CMOS ?

And anyway since you have a working rig update BIOS to latest for your board

Maybe your BIOS bugs out on video adapter it should use

i cleared it about 3 times turned it off held the power button for 30 seconds but the battery back in put the plug back into the pc same thing over and over but if i put the 3200g in it doesn't do it it takes like 30 secs then posts.... i have the 3200gs intergrated graphics turned off so my cards perfectly fine

also im very unsure about just finding the most recent update for the board if i make it too new will it not wipe out support for the 2600 anyway to make room for the others or no... because on the list it says f1 and i have f41 but i also am spooked about downgrading the bios to f1 to see if the ryzen 5 2600 will finally bootimage.thumb.png.33e8968e04fa2c502140e615454c5019.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, Roamingirony said:

i cleared it about 3 times turned it off held the power button for 30 seconds but the battery back in put the plug back into the pc same thing over and over but if i put the 3200g in it doesn't do it it takes like 30 secs then posts.... i have the 3200gs intergrated graphics turned off so my cards perfectly fine

also im very unsure about just finding the most recent update for the board if i make it too new will it not wipe out support for the 2600 anyway to make room for the others or no... because on the list it says f1 and i have f41 but i also am spooked about downgrading the bios to f1 to see if the ryzen 5 2600 will finally bootimage.thumb.png.33e8968e04fa2c502140e615454c5019.png

I think you can get the latest, no BIOS removes support for Ryzen 2000s yet ūüôā

But I don't think that's the issue, are you sure the 2600 is working ?

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I think you can get the latest, no BIOS removes support for Ryzen 2000s yet ūüôā

But I don't think that's the issue, are you sure the 2600 is working ?

it gets hot on boot scalding hot and the fans dont ramp up nore does the cpu light come on. and it doesn't make sense to me that the vga output light would come on for a dead cpu? however i seem to have found another thread that has a similar problem same cpu... and they said their fix was a bios update should i just roll back the bios to f1 and see if it boots?

Oh, hold on I had your upgrade the wrong way around. Makes sense that the 2600 is an upgrade for the 3200 though.

Yes, in that case, you shouldn't need a BIOS upgrade or downgrade. It should just support your CPU. In that case, I suspect something else is wrong, sadly. You might try to roll back to an older version, but it shouldn't be necessary. Gigabyte makes no mention of newer BIOS versions removing support for older CPUs.

im gonna update the bios i really hope i don't brick my pc or im going to be mental i can only hope to report good news

2 minutes ago, Roamingirony said:

im gonna update the bios i really hope i don't brick my pc or im going to be mental i can only hope to report good news

unless its been delidded for a 5 1600 cuz its got goop around the sides if so im going to be even more mad at least i got the ebay money back guarantee just wish me luck 

29 minutes ago, Roamingirony said:

it gets hot on boot scalding hot and the fans dont ramp up nore does the cpu light come on. and it doesn't make sense to me that the vga output light would come on for a dead cpu? however i seem to have found another thread that has a similar problem same cpu... and they said their fix was a bios update should i just roll back the bios to f1 and see if it boots?

It's get super hot just booting with a cooler installed ?? What temps ?  Weird, and seems like the CPU isn't good then

10 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

It's get super hot just booting with a cooler installed ?? What temps ?  Weird, and seems like the CPU isn't good then

nono it was with the cooler off i just did a touch test to see if it was doing anything

Just now, Roamingirony said:

nono it was with the cooler off i just did a touch test to see if it was doing anything

haha that's normal a CPU heats up to 100 and shutdown if not cooled at all, even in BIOS

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

i was just thinking when i did it if its dead maybe it wont heat up its just usually the fans would go full bore if the cpu was dead? idk i will find out when i have updated the bios and either cry myself to sleep as i spent all of what¬† i could on it or it will work and it will save me a heart attack i wish i had just saved up for 2 months more and got a 3600x i just want stuff to work ūüėě

42 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I BRING GOOD NEWS IT WORKS I downgraded the bios to f32 and it booted straight away just waiting for it to get too windows ūüôā

Interesting, so they released a BIOS that's not backwards compatible without mentioning it at all in release notes. Glad to see it's fixed!

7 hours ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

Interesting, so they released a BIOS that's not backwards compatible without mentioning it at all in release notes. Glad to see it's fixed!

tbf the bios could of been currupt as it was always finicky and it use to do it with the 3200g but a few restarts and it would suddenly work again so maybe it was a scuffed bios who knows at least it works and hopefully this thread could help someone out with the same mb+cpu combo im already loving more than 4 cores and more than 4 threads never seen my idle be at 1-5% it is a good day for me