Need a case recomendation

Ravendarat

Hey this one is probably easy but I am having issues deciding on somthing. I need a black case for my HT pc, It has to be ATX compatible, has to handle a 360 rad, has to be black and would probably prefer a solid side panel as some of the components I have are white and dont wanna show them off in the living room and need it to not overheat. I am just using a 5800x on a open loop 360 rad and a 3060 MSI ventus 2x so its not a beast by any means but since its HT I want it be as quiet as possible. I also dont wanna spend a fortune, im dont spending 300-400 CAD on cases. Id also prefer to buy from www.memoryexpress.com as its local to me and easy to deal with. Thanks for any help you can give

8 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Hey this one is probably easy but I am having issues deciding on somthing. I need a black case for my HT pc, It has to be ATX compatible, has to handle a 360 rad, has to be black and would probably prefer a solid side panel as some of the components I have are white and dont wanna show them off in the living room and need it to not overheat. I am just using a 5800x on a open loop 360 rad and a 3060 MSI ventus 2x so its not a beast by any means but since its HT I want it be as quiet as possible. I also dont wanna spend a fortune, im dont spending 300-400 CAD on cases. Id also prefer to buy from www.memoryexpress.com as its local to me and easy to deal with. Thanks for any help you can give

size constraints?

20 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

are you planning on installing the 360 rad in front or top

if on top get corsair 5000D if in front get corsair 4000D

both cases have airflow versions or closed

34 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I am just using a 5800x on a open loop 360 rad and a 3060 MSI ventus 2x so its not a beast by any means but since its HT I want it be as quiet as possible.

Oh, yeah, 5800X and RTX3060, that's bottom of the barrel there. 🤣

Are you wanting a specific form factor? Mini-Tower? Standard desktop style?

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

41 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Oh, yeah, 5800X and RTX3060, that's bottom of the barrel there. 🤣

Are you wanting a specific form factor? Mini-Tower? Standard desktop style?

I wasnt meaning bottom of the barrel as much as I mean I am not gonna have any major heat factors especially with the CPU on a loop. I would prefer tower. I also kinda wanna something pretty plain looking. It just sits next to my tv stand but right now I have a corsair 7000, its white and has 14 LL fans in it so its a damn xmas tree, wanna go more stealthy. Right now I was thinking maybe a fractal case but not sure. I have a define r6 sitting here unused but its white, and I want black

58 minutes ago, rotexen said:

are you planning on installing the 360 rad in front or top

if on top get corsair 5000D if in front get corsair 4000D

both cases have airflow versions or closed

Its a custom loop so I can put my rad whereever I want, I am only doing a 360 becuase I already have a couple spares sitting here. I looked at corsair, I am using a 7000 right now but want something a bit less flashy I think. In reality I should bite the bullet and just buy an ITX board but I have a x570 MSI Meg ACE board right now and cant justify replacing my over priced board with an overpriced ITX option lol

9 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

I wasnt meaning bottom of the barrel as much as I mean I am not gonna have any major heat factors especially with the CPU on a loop. I would prefer tower. I also kinda wanna something pretty plain looking. It just sits next to my tv stand but right now I have a corsair 7000, its white and has 14 LL fans in it so its a damn xmas tree, wanna go more stealthy. Right now I was thinking maybe a fractal case but not sure. I have a define r6 sitting here unused but its white, and I want black

I would cut you a deal on my Corsair 4000X, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

20 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Its a custom loop so I can put my rad whereever I want, I am only doing a 360 becuase I already have a couple spares sitting here. I looked at corsair, I am using a 7000 right now but want something a bit less flashy I think. In reality I should bite the bullet and just buy an ITX board but I have a x570 MSI Meg ACE board right now and cant justify replacing my over priced board with an overpriced ITX option lol

Custom loop means space and attachment limitations.  I’ve seen some really SFF custom loop systems but they usually require things like custom manifolds.  Generic custom loop implies bigger case with more space.  Ironically it puts some very old designs into play though because systems with big non removable hard drive cages are often good for things like pumps and resovoirs.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

29 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Custom loop means space and attachment limitations.  I’ve seen some really SFF custom loop systems but they usually require things like custom manifolds.  Generic custom loop implies bigger case with more space.  Ironically it puts some very old designs into play though because systems with big non removable hard drive cages are often good for things like pumps and resovoirs.

Ya I already have a spare corsair pump/rad combo that is the size of a 140mm fan that can actually mount in the back of the case where the 120 is beside the mobo in most cases. So then as long as I can get a 360 up front I can take care of plumbing it, ive gotten pretty good and making some absurd bends in some of my open loops ive done. Right now I keep going back to the define 7 compact but its pretty choked off up front where the rad is, thats a bit concerning

59 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Ya I already have a spare corsair pump/rad combo that is the size of a 140mm fan that can actually mount in the back of the case where the 120 is beside the mobo in most cases. So then as long as I can get a 360 up front I can take care of plumbing it, ive gotten pretty good and making some absurd bends in some of my open loops ive done. Right now I keep going back to the define 7 compact but its pretty choked off up front where the rad is, thats a bit concerning

What. Hardware? That 140 won’t do a ton but it won’t do nothing either. It’s enough for everything but high end intel CPUs.  Your 360 will do a ton though 4 fans worth of radiator is good enough for most any system.  If you’re running AMD and a less than maxed out video car you won’t need the 360 to be especially well ventilated. 

location can be a bit of a factor. Tropical ambient like India and you need more cooling.  Hot dry desert ambient like Egypt or Saudi Arabia or something and it’s worse.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

What. Hardware? That 140 won’t do a ton but it won’t do nothing either. It’s enough for everything but high end intel CPUs.  Your 360 will do a ton though 4 fans worth of radiator is good enough for most any system.  If you’re running AMD and a less than maxed out video car you won’t need the 360 to be especially well ventilated. 

location can be a bit of a factor. Tropical ambient like India and you need more cooling.  Hot dry desert ambient like Egypt or Saudi Arabia or something and it’s worse.

I misspoke. I mean I have a pump/RES combo that mounts where the rear 120 goes, that will drive the loop for the CPU to the 360 rad. As for location I am in Canada, for like 50 weeks of the year we are under 30 celcius so ambient isnt a huge concern, as for hardware its a 5800x and a 3060 and its a light workload, improbably overthinking the front panel being restrictive