Stuck at vga debug led

Hesper
Go to solution Solved by Hesper,

UPDATE: I tried the gpu on my friend's pc and it works fine. Tried his gpu again on mine, still same. 

Decided to buy a new board, works perfectly now. Guess something happened on the PCI-E slot

I was doing some checks on the system (full system scan and sfc), no problems found then I decided to restart the pc. Now it's stuck at the VGA debug led on the mobo. No lights on the led of keyboard and mouse.

I've tried clearing CMOS, 1 ram stick at a time at different slots, used new sata cables, reseated the power cables on the psu and the mobo, checked for damages on the board, reseated the gpu, tried only plugging the gpu, ssd, keyboard and mouse. 

if I plug in the keyboard and mouse while the gpu is unplugged, i think it works because the lights are on and num lock lights are working. If I plug in the gpu, no lights just the debug led for vga.

The specs are

Cpu: ryzen 5 2600

Gpu: zotac rtx 3060

Ram: 2x kingston hyperx 8gb 2666mhz

Psu: seasonic m12ii 620 bronze

Mobo: msi a320m pro vh plus

Sadly, my cpu doesn't have a built in gpu so no display on the motherboard ports.

If this was cause by gpu, any ides what happened? The system was running fine just before I restarted. Kinda makes me regret restarting the system

4 minutes ago, Hesper said:

I was doing some checks on the system (full system scan and sfc), no problems found then I decided to restart the pc. Now it's stuck at the VGA debug led on the mobo. No lights on the led of keyboard and mouse.

I've tried clearing CMOS, 1 ram stick at a time at different slots, used new sata cables, reseated the power cables on the psu and the mobo, checked for damages on the board, reseated the gpu, tried only plugging the gpu, ssd, keyboard and mouse. 

if I plug in the keyboard and mouse while the gpu is unplugged, i think it works because the lights are on and num lock lights are working. If I plug in the gpu, no lights just the debug led for vga.

The specs are

Cpu: ryzen 5 2600

Gpu: zotac rtx 3060

Ram: 2x kingston hyperx 8gb 2666mhz

Psu: seasonic m12ii 620 bronze

Mobo: msi a320m pro vh plus

Sadly, my cpu doesn't have a built in gpu so no display on the motherboard ports.

If this was cause by gpu, any ides what happened? The system was running fine just before I restarted. Kinda makes me regret restarting the system

Try to clear cmos again. Power off PSU. Remove CMOS battery for 5 min. Might need to remove GPU to get to CMOS battery. 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

hmm this is a hard one but my guess would be a motherboard issue as greg Salazar on yt had the same issue with a pc he tried to fix and it was the motherboard. try re seating the cpu and if that doesnt work i think it could be the mother board.  

2 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Try to clear cmos again. Power off PSU. Remove CMOS battery for 5 min. Might need to remove GPU to get to CMOS battery. 

Will try this. 

1 minute ago, minecraftmodworx said:

hmm this is a hard one but my guess would be a motherboard issue as greg Salazar on yt had the same issue with a pc he tried to fix and it was the motherboard. try re seating the cpu and if that doesnt work i think it could be the mother board.  

I am thinking it could only be gpu or motherboard. I have a friend on the way to lend me his 1050ti and see if it works on my board, if it don't, then I guess I'm buying a new board tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Already tried it. Same debug led. 

4 minutes ago, Hesper said:

Already tried it. Same debug led. 

Damn. Yeah try with another gpu 

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Damn. Yeah try with another gpu 

My friend's here and we tried the 1050ti and same debug led. 

Just now, Hesper said:

My friend's here and we tried the 1050ti and same debug led. 

Try another PCI-E Slot? 

2 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

Try another PCI-E Slot? 

My board only has 1. I'm going to try plugging the 3060 on my friend's pc and see if it works.

UPDATE: I tried the gpu on my friend's pc and it works fine. Tried his gpu again on mine, still same. 

Decided to buy a new board, works perfectly now. Guess something happened on the PCI-E slot