Workstation for CAE workloads

Budget (including currency): USD 5000 (Can go above)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CAE softwares (Ansys, OpenFOAM, NASTRAN, StarCCM+)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): No peripherals

I am looking to build a workstation for CAE workloads at the startup that I work for, we found quotations by dell and others too costly or some of them have terrible services. The basic memory and cpu requirements are 128 GB RAM and minimum 20+ core cpu. I am looking for any recommendations for the cpu, RAM and motherboards. As for GPU I am not looking for anything fancy something that will get CAE work done like CAD and result visualisations.

I'd just build a basic rig around a 3960x. No clue on pricing in India though

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

hi. in india, i would recommend u to go to sites like prime abgb or amazon.in. they r usually reliable. the person before me suggested a threadripper. but support for that platform is dying right now. instead, we can build around the 12900k  while it doesnt exactly have 20+ cores, it has 8 performance and 8 efficiency cores. which i think will be enough for ur work. threadripper stuff is also just really over priced here so.. i wouldnt recommend going that route. 

some z690 motherboard ( check the feature sets )

128GB ram ( if u get a DDR4 supporting motherboard, then go for 3600 MHZ speed. if DDR5, then go 5200MHZ anything more than this is a waste of money)

360mm AIO ( air cooling wont cut it. the 12900K is a beast )

idk how much storage u require ( recommendation is to get as much storage in M.2 as possible. for ur boot drive, id recommend a samsung 980 pro (1tb). and for bulk storage, go gen 3 and get how much ever u need)

rtx 3090 is preferrable. a 6900XT will also serve u well

get a 0-11 dynamic or really just any case that is well supported and popular as it will be easier to find replacement parts or guides when something goes wrong. 

1200 watt PSU ( i'd recommend going with brand names on this one cos PSU's have to be reliable. Asus has really good support here and that's what id recommend going with)

4-6 noctua industrial 120mm fans. 

the reason im giving all the parts like this is because in India, some people prefer to buy locally and some online. so idk which type of person u r. if u tell me the sites from which u r gonna be buying, i can help u put together a parts list. Good Luck 

P.S mention if u need a monitor in the budget or not 

Do you need ECC memory?

PNY Quadro selector suggests Quadro GV100 x 2 GPU for some of the software listed. Did the quotes include such?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.