Cheap PSUs?

Astro173

Whats the cheapest psu (under $100) for 750w or above with 80+gold efficiency that most importantly wouldn't blow up in my face? Thanks

29 minutes ago, Astro173 said:

Whats the cheapest psu (under $100) for 750w or above with 80+gold efficiency that most importantly wouldn't blow up in my face? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Modular-Warranty-Supply-210-GQ-0750-V1/dp/B017HA3RGE/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2N5LQIQIP12EM&keywords=750w+psu+gold&qid=1659094778&sprefix=750w+psu+gol%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-4

I would prefer this one as it is cheaper than the Thermaltake and none of my 9 PSU's have ever failed me. The only thermaltake i bought (probably unlucky) did.

It's also got EVGA's ECO mode (similar to corsair's Zero RPM mode), where fans only run under load.

--------

If you are going mini itx or jsut looking for a smaller (SFX instead of ATX) PSU, 

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Modular-Warranty-123-GM-0850-X1/dp/B0939VN9QT/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2A0BDOP0AGGN7&keywords=evga%2Bgm&qid=1659094890&sprefix=evga%2Bgm%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-1&th=1

Has ECO and also is the most reliable in my opinion for its price. The pricing (sub $100) is amazing up to the 750w. The competitor (Corsair) goes for 125$ on the other hand. I always buy for future proofing because they fit in tiny cases.

35 minutes ago, waronthemoon1 said:

That's a low end PSU. ACRF, so poor transient response, similar to the entry level Corsair CXM, Be Quiet Pure Power 10/11, etc

:)

I'd like to say quickly that 80+ rating doesn't determine how good a PSU is. All it measures is electrical efficiency. For actual PSU performance, looking at reviews would be a better idea.

9 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That's a low end PSU. ACRF, so poor transient response, similar to the entry level Corsair CXM, Be Quiet Pure Power 10/11, etc

pretty sure OP is asking for a cheap PSU, and that fits the description. Had good luck with an EVGA 600 of the same series in my test bench so personally I could recommend it.

Also had good luck with Thermaltake Smart PSUs if you want to go even lower, they're not bad they're just... down a notch.