3080 TI hitting power limit at 200w/ Not getting power from 8 pin #2

I've recently bought a 3080ti and I've noticed that during benchmarks, in this case furmark my clock speeds were far below what I expected. I opened up msi afterburner and noticed that power limit was 1 and that my power draw was 200W. I thought this was strange since the TDP of the 3080 TI should be 350W. As you can see in the attached screenshot the clock speed idles at 1710 mhz but drops to around 400 during the benchmark while the memory idles at 9501 mhz and stays there. Strangely enough, at idle, the gpu sits at 1710 MHz.

I have a corsair cx750 powering this rig so that should at least get it to it's rated TDP. What gives?

afterburner.png

afterburner2.png

The gpu in question is the Gigabyte 3080ti vision OC

I think i've found the cause. GPU-Z tells me that 8 pin #2 isn't getting any wattage

gpuz.png

From what I recall NVIDIA recommended PSU was 850W on the 3080Ti and above?

But, you have 3 separate power cables going to that 3080Ti? Or do you have an FE that only needs 2?

Just now, Slizzo said:

From what I recall NVIDIA recommended PSU was 850W on the 3080Ti and above?

But, you have 3 separate power cables going to that 3080Ti? Or do you have an FE that only needs 2?

I'm using the gigabyte 3080ti vision OC which only requires 2 8 pins

Hello! This is a shot at the dark but can you confirm that the GPU is using the correct BIOS profile? That GPU has a dual BIOS switch and it may be the case that it is running on a silent/low-power profile to reduce noise and that's what leads to the unused power rail. I doubt it has something to so with the cable itself because otherwise the system would not post or frequently crash.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

5 hours ago, BookofNeat said:

Hello! This is a shot at the dark but can you confirm that the GPU is using the correct BIOS profile? That GPU has a dual BIOS switch and it may be the case that it is running on a silent/low-power profile to reduce noise and that's what leads to the unused power rail. I doubt it has something to so with the cable itself because otherwise the system would not post or frequently crash.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

That is definitely a possibility! If you could, do you think you could link me to some instructions on how to check/change back?

18 minutes ago, Withenex said:

That is definitely a possibility! If you could, do you think you could link me to some instructions on how to check/change back?

It would be a physical switch on the card, however even in the power saving profile, IF you card even has that, it would not limit it to 200W. 

I think you nailed the issue with the power delivery, now just to troubleshoot to see if your PSU is at fault. 

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

It would be a physical switch on the card, however even in the power saving profile, IF you card even has that, it would not limit it to 200W. 

I think you nailed the issue with the power delivery, now just to troubleshoot to see if your PSU is at fault. 

I've already tried with both of the pci-e power cables on my psu. I've contacted the seller and they recommend that I submit an RMA to the manufacturer and the seller will provide me a shipping label

4 hours ago, Withenex said:

There is a Dual BIOS switch on the top of the card where the fin grill is exposed, nearer to the video ports.

Here is a link to the product page with a picture of the location of the switch in the "Key Features" page.

If you need any other info, don't hesitate to let me know.