Running a stable configuration on a chiller

I'm thinking of running an overclocked amd system that has 5950x and 6900xt and since my room is relatively warm I was looking at running a soft-tube configuration linked to a chiller.

I am fully aware of the risks of running a chiller and low temps and condensation etc. Now my question is whether a chiller like Vevro CW5200 would be ok or I should go for a more specialized Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 would be a better choice?

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, ymg said:

since my room is relatively warm I was looking at running a soft-tube configuration linked to a chiller

You do know this will make your room even worse, right? 

Also chillers only make sense if you plan on volt modding the GPU and manually overclocking the CPU, else you'll get the results your looking for out of custom water without the 400W+ of heat being dumped into the room by the chiller. 

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

You do know this will make your room even worse, right? 

Also chillers only make sense if you plan on volt modding the GPU and manually overclocking the CPU, else you'll get the results your looking for out of custom water without the 400W+ of heat being dumped into the room by the chiller. 

Even when the chiller itself won't be in the room? the alphacool has a strong pump that works with a 10 meter tube extension so keeping it outside the room is an option

Just now, ymg said:

Even when the chiller itself won't be in the room? the alphacool has a strong pump that works with a 10 meter tube extension so keeping it outside the room is an option

I mean, I guess, it's still incredibly wasteful to daily one, that is 500W being used to get you maybe an extra 5-10% over just a good custom loop, but then if you're OK with that then you do you. 

Do still remember that you need to hardware modifications to the GPU in order for this to make any sense, 6900 XTs don't scale that much with temperature, they scale a lot with voltage (even at ambient, hence why I say this is likely pretty pointless), and lower temps just mean you can push the voltage a bit farther. Even then, you're likely only gonna get an extra 100MHz out of the GPU by doing this, that's a ~5% performance gain, completely unnoticeable outside of benchmarking. 

Ryzen does scale a bit more with temp, but even then it would be an extra 200-300MHz, still below 10% and thus not noticeable. If this was a 12900K, then yeah it might make more sense since that chip is so thermally limited in basically every situation, but a 5950X isn't that bad and you really on't notice any improvements by running chilled. 

If your goal is to just move the heat generating components out of your room, do a more "whole room water cooling" type setup instead, run triple 360mm rads and a large pump somewhere outside your room with soft tubing plumbed in to move the heat out there instead. 

Is a window air conditioner not possible?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Yea dont bother, youd need one hell of a chiller to get that cooled so unless you got an industrial ac unit or something i doubt youll have enough cooling capacity for subzero (imo more worth it to run subzero than just sub ambient unless if it starts getting stupid inefficient)

The only situation id see chillers be actually usable would be lower power stuff so lower power cpus, gpus, or just mildly extreme ram oc, and even then they waste tons of power for what performance they give and are mostly just a funny gimmick from decades ago when stuff as so low power you could easily chill them with an ac unit

Id personally want one just for ram oc shenanigans cause ram go vroom vroom and maybe chilling nb on my 775 and 1366 stuff

Unless you are doing some proper oc (ex 5200+ ddr4) then dont bother, also phase change all the way for cpu and gpu due to them generating craploads of heat

6 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I mean, I guess, it's still incredibly wasteful to daily one, that is 500W being used to get you maybe an extra 5-10% over just a good custom loop, but then if you're OK with that then you do you. 

Do still remember that you need to hardware modifications to the GPU in order for this to make any sense, 6900 XTs don't scale that much with temperature, they scale a lot with voltage (even at ambient, hence why I say this is likely pretty pointless), and lower temps just mean you can push the voltage a bit farther. Even then, you're likely only gonna get an extra 100MHz out of the GPU by doing this, that's a ~5% performance gain, completely unnoticeable outside of benchmarking. 

Ryzen does scale a bit more with temp, but even then it would be an extra 200-300MHz, still below 10% and thus not noticeable. If this was a 12900K, then yeah it might make more sense since that chip is so thermally limited in basically every situation, but a 5950X isn't that bad and you really on't notice any improvements by running chilled. 

If your goal is to just move the heat generating components out of your room, do a more "whole room water cooling" type setup instead, run triple 360mm rads and a large pump somewhere outside your room with soft tubing plumbed in to move the heat out there instead. 

thanks for the detailed answer, I guess economically it appears as a wasteful approach to the setup. Thanks

6 hours ago, brob said:

Is a window air conditioner not possible?

I can use a portable one but can’t install any high BTU units