2ed nvme...... instead regret

twinmat

So I got a got a 1tb 980 Evo and at first it was not a real Samsung the 2 hours or so more like 4 it changed its mind and now it won't show any storage I do have a drywall screw holding it but is not going through the pcb just holding it in at a flat level because the person I got the motherboard from took the m.2 screw!

It's not a fake I got it from a real store it now showing real and yes a drywall screw I have lots and no m.2 screws I am not just screwing it in I just place it in so it stays in place

22 minutes ago, twinmat said:

So I got a got a 1tb 980 Evo and at first it was not a real Samsung the 2 hours or so more like 4 it changed its mind and now it won't show any storage I do have a drywall screw holding it but is not going through the pcb just holding it in at a flat level because the person I got the motherboard from took the m.2 screw!

Is English not your native language?

I'm really interested in seeing this drywall screw that fit inside a m.2 thread.

You take out the threaded nut the you just place it in 

3 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

I'm really interested in seeing this drywall screw that fit inside a m.2 thread.

1658631839774976912824451169493.jpg

It's very possible the screw threads cut into the PCB layers and may have damaged a trace on the motherboard causing permanent damage. I don't know the keep away area around M.2 stud holes or if they're standardized.

EDIT: looked at two of my boards, there's a metal insert set into the PCB itself under the threaded riser nut thing. Doubtful damage was done to the board traces. Maybe drive is just lose in socket?

Nope just had to reformat it man the time I spent on it

If m.2s came with screws and stand offs or they made it a standard Motherboard screw we would not have this problem 

Th mobo comes with all those parts. And a million of vendors that sell them.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

I really did not want to pay extra on top of the 150 and for the price they could add some screws 

48 minutes ago, twinmat said:

I really did not want to pay extra on top of the 150 and for the price they could add some screws 

It should have come with them. In your motherboard box there should be little baggies with one screw each in them. Look under all the other cardboard by your sata cables that came with the motherboard

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Ya the person I got it from lost it took it for his new motherboard and it's working so don't fix what's not broken 

Well 50/50 in this case