Deeper Connect Pico Ports

Go to solution Solved by j1philli,

A USB-C to Ethernet adapter would require a software driver that the Deeper Connect would not have. That goes for any other accessories not provided by Deeper themselves. I wouldn't expect anything to work unless Deeper says it does.

I got a Deeper Connect Pico for a few months now and I followed Deeper's tutorial.

Connect the power cable on the side that has a small hole beside the USB port, then the WiFi module on the opposite side of the power cable, then the remaining ports are for LAN.

• What if I connected the power cable on a different USB-C port, will it break?
  • What if I connected a different USB-C accessory, like a USB-C to LAN adapter or connected it to a PC with a USB-C port?

It won't break if you plug anything into any port unless Deeper or the manufacturer of the device you plugged in are inept or went rogue in their implementation of the USB-C standard (cough Nintendo cough). However if you connect devices to different ports there are no guarantees that they'll work. Not all USB-C ports implement everything a USB-C port is capable of, for example you wouldn't expect a video signal if you plugged your phone charger into a USB-C monitor, and if something the device needs is missing it won't work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

On 7/19/2022 at 1:39 PM, BobVonBob said:

It won't break if you plug anything into any port unless Deeper or the manufacturer of the device you plugged in are inept or went rogue in their implementation of the USB-C standard (cough Nintendo cough). However if you connect devices to different ports there are no guarantees that they'll work. Not all USB-C ports implement everything a USB-C port is capable of, for example you wouldn't expect a video signal if you plugged your phone charger into a USB-C monitor, and if something the device needs is missing it won't work.

My question is exactly that. Did Deeper went rogue with their USB-C implementation?

I did experiment with the ports and plugged the WiFi antenna into the LAN port on the Deeper Connect Pico and I also tried plugging the LAN cable/adapter into the WiFi port on the Deeper Connect Pico. Both did not work, but when I plugged them back to the correct ports, they started working again.

I now doubt that any 3rd party accessories, like a USB-C to Ethernet adapter, would work. (I hope someone can confirm/test this)

A USB-C to Ethernet adapter would require a software driver that the Deeper Connect would not have. That goes for any other accessories not provided by Deeper themselves. I wouldn't expect anything to work unless Deeper says it does.

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050