Should you use Gsync & Vsync at the same time?

soloredis420
Go to solution Solved by merco,
10 minutes ago, soloredis420 said:

I thought I would.

you were right, here's a good overview https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/

Hello, wondering if I should enable Vsync while Gsync is enabled, or if I should set an FPS limit and keep vsync disabled

2 minutes ago, soloredis420 said:

Hello, wondering if I should enable Vsync while Gsync is enabled, or if I should set an FPS limit and keep vsync disabled

hi

nope its a bad idea because vsync is more like a temporarily solution for people without variable refresh rate displays

just turn G-sync on and leave v sync and all FPS limits off

the gpu and display will synchronize together automatically when G-sync is on

8 minutes ago, Alireza said:

hi

nope its a bad idea because vsync is more like a temporarily solution for people without variable refresh rate displays

just turn G-sync on and leave v sync and all FPS limits off

the gpu and display will synchronize together automatically when G-sync is on

I won't get screen tearing with Vsync or FPS limits are off if I pass my monitors refresh rate limit? I thought I would. Monitor is 165hz and I often get over 200fps without a limit or vsync

Yes the vsync ingame should be off and in the control panel it should be enabled because of their explanation under "Nvidia Control Panel V-SYNC vs. In-game V-SYNC"

4 minutes ago, merco said:

Yes the vsync ingame should be off and in the control panel it should be enabled because of their explanation under "Nvidia Control Panel V-SYNC vs. In-game V-SYNC"

This explains where I was getting stuttering with an 80 series build, and its gone now. lol thank you very much!

that's nice to hear =) another benefit is that if you cap your fps your GPU doesn't have to work as hard, so it's a win win if you can eliminate stutters too