I'm building a pc and i need help with cables

Go to solution Solved by namireads,
5 minutes ago, Garfieldthe cat said:

Okay, so for starters the pc is pretty much built i just need to make sure I'm plugging in the cables and I'm kind of lost. The cable that's giving me the most trouble is the rear case fan cable bc i have no idea where that is on my motherboard and I've been looking for it for like 2 hours now. Another other issue is the little cable that says LED no clue where that one goes. The power supply cables are also giving me a pain because I'm not sure if i need to plug in anything more into the sockets besides the psu 24 pin, cpu, and vga cables. This is my build! thanks 🙂

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DannyV./saved/yWpWcf

You can plug the rear case fan into any chassis fan header on the motherboard - look in the manual to locate these. If the LED cable you're referring to is the one coming from your case then you plug this into the bottom right of the motherboard usually - again look in your motherboard manual to see which pins are for the LED. Sounds like you have everything plugged in that you need for your PSU, the only other components would be any fan controllers, extra drives or hardware that need sata power - but looks like you don't have any of these.

Okay, so for starters the pc is pretty much built i just need to make sure I'm plugging in the cables and I'm kind of lost. The cable that's giving me the most trouble is the rear case fan cable bc i have no idea where that is on my motherboard and I've been looking for it for like 2 hours now. Another other issue is the little cable that says LED no clue where that one goes. The power supply cables are also giving me a pain because I'm not sure if i need to plug in anything more into the sockets besides the psu 24 pin, cpu, and vga cables. This is my build! thanks :)

5 minutes ago, Garfieldthe cat said:

Okay, so for starters the pc is pretty much built i just need to make sure I'm plugging in the cables and I'm kind of lost. The cable that's giving me the most trouble is the rear case fan cable bc i have no idea where that is on my motherboard and I've been looking for it for like 2 hours now. Another other issue is the little cable that says LED no clue where that one goes. The power supply cables are also giving me a pain because I'm not sure if i need to plug in anything more into the sockets besides the psu 24 pin, cpu, and vga cables. This is my build! thanks 🙂

You can plug the rear case fan into any chassis fan header on the motherboard - look in the manual to locate these. If the LED cable you're referring to is the one coming from your case then you plug this into the bottom right of the motherboard usually - again look in your motherboard manual to see which pins are for the LED. Sounds like you have everything plugged in that you need for your PSU, the only other components would be any fan controllers, extra drives or hardware that need sata power - but looks like you don't have any of these.

2 minutes ago, namireads said:

so on the manual it says sys_fan3 would it be okay to connect the rear fan cable to it?

3 minutes ago, Garfieldthe cat said:

so on the manual it says sys_fan3 would it be okay to connect the rear fan cable to it?

yes

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad