HDMI switcher, safe to use?

frozensun

Hi friends.

I purchased HDMI switcher so I could use both PC over one monitor.

But I'm anxious to use it 

Are these stuff safe to use.

I'm affraid of short circuit over to monitor or even graphics card.

Could not find who made this one,seems unknown.

IMG_20220714_112806.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Only one way to find out. There is always a chance that it has a massive short inside and it can kill your GPU and monitors all at once.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Only one way to find out. There is always a chance that it has a massive short inside and it can kill your GPU and monitors all at once.

Short how?There is no current, it just passes signal to monitor.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Short how?There is no current, it just passes signal to monitor.

How do you think this thing works if there is "no current"? Shitty soldering job might result in HDMI data pins being bridged between ground and data pins. As I said, only one way to find out in your case.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Most probably fine. Just look at the reviews of the product, and if there isn't a lot of forum posts about how it fried their pc, then it will work just fine.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 hour ago, Origami Cactus said:

Most probably fine. Just look at the reviews of the product, and if there isn't a lot of forum posts about how it fried their pc, then it will work just fine.

I was unable to find who made it.Not written on the box.

I have a DP switch. Mine needs an additional 5V USB to power.

It's been fine switching between 2x 4K signals.

The only way to know if it will shorten your monitor, is to do a deep dive of the circuit and x-ray the chip for defect. 

I am sure you can get a certification company to validate it for a few thousand dollars if that is required.

Assuming the product is not defective, then you are good to go.

The cool thing about these dumb switches, is that they don't interfere with DDC/CI protocol, G-SYNC (in the case of DP), nor FreeSync.