Laptop troubleshooting - HELP

Hoping to find some experts on the matter...

Basically i got this 4-7 years old Lenovo thinkpad e450 laptop with windows 8.1 on it, tried to backup some files that were saved on it and then reset it to factory settings.

While messing around with it i noticed that even while the charger was connected for some moments the laptop wouldnt recognize the charger, thus no power was delivered. 

I shrugged it off since it happened only twice and just for couple minutes... later on i noticed that it happened again but this time more than just a couple of minutes passed and no power input was detected.

Ive tried going to the device manager window and then deleting the battery devices under the "Batteries" section, the laptop's display went brighter (as it does when its connected to power) and thought thats probably it... restarted the laptop, again doesnt charge and again im deleting the battery from the devices manager.

After a while the laptop turned off and i couldnt power it on anymore. Ive read about it and found out that this problem was quite common on windows 8 (also other versions) but couldnt find a defenetive answear.

Does anybody know what to do at this kind of state? 

Thanks for your time...

Have you used a DVM on the power supply's output plug and wriggled the cable while measuring the power supply's output?