PC build help

Build.thumb.jpg.b81751d012017a0fdb9ea8260b65e712.jpg

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Elden Ring and other games with mods, VR games (I have a quest 2 but i have all my vr games on steam), Microsoft Office (mainly word and excel), Photoshop, Streaming/Recording 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc.): currently have an i7-4700k and a gtx 970, it struggles to play modern titles. 

I have a ps5 and i play games there but i want to get into playing games with mods, I've tried playing Minecraft and lfd2 with mods and my PC gets super loud and the games get super choppy.

I really don't know what to look for, I understand that modern CPUs are really good, and I heard that AMD has been giving Intel a run for it's money. Ideally I was looking for $1500 and under but it seems like that isn't really possible unless i downgrade a lot of things. I know 16GB is good enough for gaming but i figured 32 would maybe help with the streaming aspect. 

Any help is greatly appreciated