12600k 6700xt vs 12400 3070

Budget (including currency): 1150

Country: bahrain ( i will buy most of the parts form us sites cause prices here not so great)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  it will mostly be playing games on 27 1440p 144hz~165hz monitor. i will play games like god of war, froza 5 and cities skylines and multiplayer games like apex and warzone. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): i am building a new pc and i am manly focused on gaming. 

here is the part lists:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k3Gn8r

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YmzFKp

i don't know what will be the difference in gaming because there isn't an article or video that i am aware of comparing the two cpu gpu combos h2h.

The 6700xt and 3070 are pretty on par with each other. If you plan to use raytracing I'd go nvidia, but personally I'd go amd because it's cheaper.

If you plan to play cities skylines often, you'd want a stronger cpu, since it's heavily cpu reliant.

I'd go with the 2nd one

12 hours ago, Ryuikko said:

The 6700xt and 3070 are pretty on par with each other. If you plan to use raytracing I'd go nvidia, but personally I'd go amd because it's cheaper.

If you plan to play cities skylines often, you'd want a stronger cpu, since it's heavily cpu reliant.

I'd go with the 2nd one

my main hesitation with the 6700xt is fsr 2.0 vs dlss. dlss is a great tool to use and it seems fsr2.0 is on par with it but the number of games supporting fsr2.0 is low with 2 games. i hope more games include fsr2.0 so it can make my decison easier.