How do I clone OS to drive with different partition size

Hi, I recently bought a new nvme SSD (WD Blue SN570 500GB) to upgrade to from my old SATA Kingston A400 480GB SSD. I wanted to clone everything (especially the OS) to the new ssd and use the old for things that I don't access as often. When trying to clone it using MACRIUM REFLECT I found out that the two drives had different partition sizes, the old-512 and the new-4k. 

After 2 days of scouring the internet I still don't understand what it means or what to do about it. Anyone who knows if there is a way to fix this and how to do it?

would love some help with this

btw I understand a bit of technical stuff, but am still a newbie so chill with the technical terms plzz 🙂

(btw, btw sorry If I used the forum wrong, It's my first time)

1 minute ago, antepante20 said:

Hi, I recently bought a new nvme SSD (WD Blue SN570 500GB) to upgrade to from my old SATA Kingston A400 480GB SSD. I wanted to clone everything (especially the OS) to the new ssd and use the old for things that I don't access as often. When trying to clone it using MACRIUM REFLECT I found out that the two drives had different partition sizes, the old-512 and the new-4k. 

After 2 days of scouring the internet I still don't understand what it means or what to do about it. Anyone who knows if there is a way to fix this and how to do it?

would love some help with this

btw I understand a bit of technical stuff, but am still a newbie so chill with the technical terms plzz 🙂

(btw, btw sorry If I used the forum wrong, It's my first time)

I would use Veeam Agent for Windows Free Edition to create a backup of your machine (always good practice), then restore said backup to the other drive, part of the restore process allows you to do some advanced mapping of the drive so that once it is restored you can easily extend the desired partition to use the remainder

22 hours ago, MrMase said:

I would use Veeam Agent for Windows Free Edition to create a backup of your machine (always good practice), then restore said backup to the other drive, part of the restore process allows you to do some advanced mapping of the drive so that once it is restored you can easily extend the desired partition to use the remainder

Hi, It seems like I need a third drive to use this method, is this right? I don't have a third drive, so in the case that I need one for that method is there  another way to fix it?

Did you check the manufacturer support site? Usually they provide migration software, why use a 3rd party one?

13 hours ago, antepante20 said:

Hi, It seems like I need a third drive to use this method, is this right? I don't have a third drive, so in the case that I need one for that method is there  another way to fix it?

I don't have an answer for you on that apart from it is best practice to have a backup solution in the event of issues with your computer so would seriously suggest investing in an appropriately sized external USB or location on your network to backup to.

The above solution would not only solve your issue now but would also potentially save you a great deal of pain in the future.