Bluescreening PC

cookiethecrumb

Hey guys im in a bit of a predicament for the past almost two years now my computer has been bluescreening it does this anywhere from once every other day to 1-6 times a day for this reason im afraid to have someone fix it for me because it may take a week just to test because the crashes are so inconsistent making it cost way to much. I feel like ive tried everything and idk what's causing it. Below is some info thanks for any help this is crazy.

When it started: When i updated my PC with a new GPU i got the 3060Ti and a Thermaltake power supply

My Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fj9Drr

When it crashes: Its very random, However it seems to happen most when I am afk so if i leave the pc overnight it almost always crashes, also if it crashes it usually does so twice so again after restart but not always.

What I have done:

Started with updating all drivers

Then used full uninstallers with the customer support for each hardware then reinstall

Then used public uninstallers (Like DDU) to uninstall all drivers and reinstall

Updated Bios Version to latest

Tried running with different GPU (3060 instead of 3060ti)

Tried MEMTEST86 came back Green for each stick

Tried different Ram

Checked temps on everything and everything is running at decent temperature

Ran Who Crashed and Blue Screen View to see what errors come and they all seem random

Some of the errors ive gotten:

System Service exception

IRQL not less or equal

Kmode Exception not handled

Kernal security check failure

System thread exception not handled

PFN List Corrupt

Memory Management

apc index mismatch

reference by pointer

Kernal quto boost invalid lock release

apc index mismatch

attempted switch from dpc

dpc watchdog violation

some of What Failed:

FLTMGR.SYS

ntoskrnl.exe

win32full.sys

afd.sys

nviddmkm.sys

npfs.SYS

amdppm.sys

Next logical test is a fresh install. Either reinstall windows on your current drive or if you have a secondary drive you can use instead try that. If a fresh install fixes it, it's software, if it still happens it's a hardware issue. With the blue screen errors you're getting and with what you have already tried if it's a hardware problem it will most likely be the motherboard or CPU.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Can you up

18 minutes ago, cookiethecrumb said:

Hey guys im in a bit of a predicament for the past almost two years now my computer has been bluescreening it does this anywhere from once every other day to 1-6 times a day for this reason im afraid to have someone fix it for me because it may take a week just to test because the crashes are so inconsistent making it cost way to much. I feel like ive tried everything and idk what's causing it. Below is some info thanks for any help this is crazy.

When it started: When i updated my PC with a new GPU i got the 3060Ti and a Thermaltake power supply

My Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fj9Drr

When it crashes: Its very random, However it seems to happen most when I am afk so if i leave the pc overnight it almost always crashes, also if it crashes it usually does so twice so again after restart but not always.

What I have done:

Started with updating all drivers

Then used full uninstallers with the customer support for each hardware then reinstall

Then used public uninstallers (Like DDU) to uninstall all drivers and reinstall

Updated Bios Version to latest

Tried running with different GPU (3060 instead of 3060ti)

Tried MEMTEST86 came back Green for each stick

Tried different Ram

Checked temps on everything and everything is running at decent temperature

Ran Who Crashed and Blue Screen View to see what errors come and they all seem random

Some of the errors ive gotten:

System Service exception

IRQL not less or equal

Kmode Exception not handled

Kernal security check failure

System thread exception not handled

PFN List Corrupt

Memory Management

apc index mismatch

reference by pointer

Kernal quto boost invalid lock release

apc index mismatch

attempted switch from dpc

dpc watchdog violation

some of What Failed:

FLTMGR.SYS

ntoskrnl.exe

win32full.sys

afd.sys

nviddmkm.sys

npfs.SYS

amdppm.sys

Might want to provide a crash dump here for a detailed analysis of the BSoD itself 🤔

22 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Next logical test is a fresh install. Either reinstall windows on your current drive or if you have a secondary drive you can use instead try that. If a fresh install fixes it, it's software, if it still happens it's a hardware issue. With the blue screen errors you're getting and with what you have already tried if it's a hardware problem it will most likely be the motherboard or CPU.

Thanks for you help. I used a different SSD and it bluescreened the moment windows finished installing im waiting to see if it will blue screen again but that prob means its hard ware, could it also be my power supply or is it def either the mobo or cpu? And is there a way to see which one it is or do I have to buy new stuff and try it? 

20 hours ago, Yrkki said:

I've had similar issues for about a year with almost exacts BSODs. I've almost few times completely switched to Linux because I don't have any problems there. Only thing we have in common with our builds is Ryzen 5 3600.

Interesting maybe it's my cpu then

9 hours ago, RachelGomez said:

First steps after a blue screen

Try to remember exactly what you were doing on the PC right before you saw the blue screen. Were you playing a game or just editing a document? Were you viewing a video or were you in the middle of a video conference? The answer can serve as a good indication as to the cause of your blue screen. Note down your last action as best you can. Ideally, you’ll even know which programs were open.

Check the temperature of your PC. If it’s unusually hot, it may not be ventilating properly. This could be because it doesn’t have enough room to sufficiently circulate the air. Contamination, by dust, for example, also has a considerable influence on the temperature of the system and its performance, and so can cause hardware damage. In this case, a blue screen as a “precautionary measure” isn’t out of the ordinary.

Remove any unnecessary hardware such as external hard drives, headphones, cameras, USB drives, etc. Sometimes, blue screens are triggered by faulty devices or device operators. If your PC doesn’t automatically restart, wait a few minutes before you turn it back on manually.

First steps after a successful reboot

If your PC is running again, there are a few strategies that you can use to find the cause of your BSOD.

Obtain the information that was displayed on the blue screen. With Windows, you have the option of deactivating the automatic restart of your system so that you have enough time to read the error message displayed in the Windows blue screen. Proceed as follows: right-click on “Computer” (e.g. in Windows Explorer), then “Properties”. This opens a new window with your system information. Go to “Advanced system settings”. Under “Start and restore” you have the option to uncheck the box next to “Perform automatic restart”.

As soon as the blue screen reappears, note down the error message. On Windows 10, this appears at the very bottom of the display. In older versions it’s in the third line from the top. The error message characteristically uses all caps.

If the blue screen won’t appear again for the moment, it’s still advisable to determine its cause to prevent further crashes. Luckily, Windows creates minidump files in the event of system errors, which can be read by certain programs. The free tool BlueScreenView can also reconstruct your most recently displayed blue screens.

With the information that you’ve obtained, you can usually determine the cause via web search. We’ve gathered together the most common error codes for you here.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Thank you for the information! The hard part is it has blue screened when just playing games, just on chrome, nothing open at all, before the computer fully boots, etc it seems very random. And I've gotten errors that point in random directions it's quite odd this has led me to believe it's hardware. 

20 hours ago, Yrkki said:

Do you have Windows 11?

No but I have resolved the issue sense you said we shared the same cpu I tried replacing mine to see what would happen and that was the issue guess my cpu died when I got a new gpu thanks so much for the help! 

On 7/7/2022 at 10:53 AM, SpookyCitrus said:

I tried a fresh install and it didn't work so I got a new cpu and that was it, it's working now wonder how my cpu gave out, thanks so much for the help! 

1 hour ago, cookiethecrumb said:

I tried a fresh install and it didn't work so I got a new cpu and that was it, it's working now wonder how my cpu gave out, thanks so much for the help! 

No problem glad you got it figured out. Sometimes they can just be defective, it's very rare for CPUs to go bad, they usually either work or they don't. Power surges and power delivery issues with a motherboard could kill or damage it but it's again rare especially with modern CPUs and boards. I'd say it's safe to say it was just defective to begin with and got worse over time. I'd still keep an eye out though just in case.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |