Looking to buy my first PC 800 to 1000 USD budget

LN0K

Budget (including currency): 800-1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I plan on using for mostly gaming and maybe some coding

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): This is my first PC so I will need windows if that can be included for the price and for monitors some suggestions for more value monitors would be nice as well but they are not included in the actual 800-1000 budget idk if this is important there is a micro center near me

27 minutes ago, LN0K said:

if this is important there is a micro center near me

Pretty important, you can get a really good deal on a system by doing that, especially on the CPU/motherboard. I would get a Ryzen 5 5600, it's currently in stock there for $150, but there's a $25 off coupon so you can the 5600 for $125, plus it's another $20 off if you buy it with a motherboard. Get some cheaper B550 board (you don't need anything special for the 5600) like the B550-A Pro, so for a board and CPU you'd end up spending a total of $245. You can't beat that value. You could also go for a cheaper board like the B550M Pro-VDH is you want to save even more, the 5600 does not need a good motherboard. 

For most other stuff, it's not necessarily a great idea to buy from Micro Center. You can get cheaper RAM off Amazon, same with SSD and PSU, and a case and GPU can be had for cheaper on Newegg. 

For the monitor, I'm not great with monitors and don't know a ton of good models off the top of my head. I'd aim for a 1080P 144HZ+ monitor in the 24" form factor. Used monitors are a great way to save money so I'd look there if you can. The Gigabyte G24F looks good for the price, but take someone else's word over mine for monitor recommendations.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XTyYLs

This is what I'd build. 3200MHz CL16 is fine RAM, the P31 is a great SSD, especially for the price, the RX 6600 XT is a great GPU for 1080P gaming, the P360A is a solid case for $70, and the SuperNOVA 650GA is a solid PSU for this level of system (nothing amazing, but cheap and won't blow up).

EDIT: For Windows, run it with the water mark for a month or two until you save the $20 to get a product key from a reseller. If Microsoft cared they would make it a lot harder to do that solution. 

Edited by RONOTHAN##

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Pretty important, you can get a really good deal on a system by doing that, especially on the CPU/motherboard. I would get a Ryzen 5 5600, it's currently in stock there for $150, but there's a $25 off coupon so you can the 5600 for $125, plus it's another $20 off if you buy it with a motherboard. Get some cheaper B550 board (you don't need anything special for the 5600) like the B550-A Pro, so for a board and CPU you'd end up spending a total of $245. You can't beat that value. You could also go for a cheaper board like the B550M Pro-VDH is you want to save even more, the 5600 does not need a good motherboard. 

For most other stuff, it's not necessarily a great idea to buy from Micro Center. You can get cheaper RAM off Amazon, same with SSD and PSU, and a case and GPU can be had for cheaper on Newegg. 

For the monitor, I'm not great with monitors and don't know a ton of good models off the top of my head. I'd aim for a 1080P 144HZ+ monitor in the 24" form factor. Used monitors are a great way to save money so I'd look there if you can. The Gigabyte G24F looks good for the price, but take someone else's word over mine for monitor recommendations.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XTyYLs

This is what I'd build. 3200MHz CL16 is fine RAM, the P31 is a great SSD, especially for the price, the RX 6600 XT is a great GPU for 1080P gaming, the P360A is a solid case for $70, and the SuperNOVA 650GA is a solid PSU for this level of system (nothing amazing, but cheap and won't blow up).

EDIT: For Windows, run it with the water mark for a month or two until you save the $20 to get a product key from a reseller. If Microsoft cared they would make it a lot harder to do that solution. 

Thx alot