KVM Switch Docking station

GenericFanboy

Hey guys,

Do you guys have any suggestions for a KVM switch docking station? Here's the criteria i'm looking for:

The docking station/kvm switch is to be used with 1 HP laptop and 1 standard desktop pc (WITH NO USB C)

* i have 2 screens, so i would like to have 2 inputs from the desktop, and just an USB c connection for the laptop.

* I have a few peripherals, and use USB sticks often. So i would like to have at least 4 usb ports (1 will be used for a second network connection)

* I would like to charge the laptop with USB C.

Thats about it.

Thank you !

• 2 months later...

Hey late answer to this, but I was looking to get a similar setup.  My main goal was to get a "One Cable" solution to just switch over between my gaming desktop, my Apple M1 work laptop, and personal coding Framework laptop.  I couldn't get it perfect, but close enough for me. 

Dock Setup:

• YINNCEEN KVM switch
    • Just the cheapest switch I could find that has at least one USB C output
    • has 4 usb ports which is just enough for my peripherals
    • USB C cable plugged into the CalDigit dock, while the other USB is plugged directly into the desktop
  • CalDigit Thunderbolt 4 Element Hub
    • This is for connecting my mac to my two 4k monitors and any work/coding specific stuff like flashing sd cards and what not
    • Works off a single cable run to the laptop

The Hub provides more than enough power, and my one monitor will automatically switch inputs between the laptops and desktops when it sees theres an active input.  The other monitor I have to manually switch over, but it's much better than it was before where I was plugging and unplugging 5 cables to get everything I wanted hooked up